Mighty O in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben I can get my hands on some 119's if you can. It doesn't matter that much to me but the more time down there the better.

GRD, do you have a backplate and wings? If not, Just wondering if you have enough lift on regular bc for a 119 steel. I have a low profile bc vest. So, I'm just going to use my alum 80's with side mount pony bottle. I guess I will have to hope someone else is diving the same equipment as I, so I can have a dive buddy that will dive the same profile I will.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
GRD, do you have a backplate and wings? If not, Just wondering if you have enough lift on regular bc for a 119 steel. I have a low profile bc vest. So, I'm just going to use my alum 80's with side mount pony bottle. I guess I will have to hope someone else is diving the same equipment as I, so I can have a dive buddy that will dive the same profile I will.

I don't but I can get one. My BC has 45lbs. of lift so I think it would do the job. It doesn't matter though. If you are only doing AL80's I will do the same. Don't want to leave anyone short on a trip this big.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

I don't but I can get one. My BC has 45lbs. of lift so I think it would do the job. It doesn't matter though. If you are only doing AL80's I will do the same. Don't want to leave anyone short on a trip this big.

I will see if I can work something out with my LDS. l think a 119 cu would be safer but I would still want to do a non-deco dives. I'll keep ya posted.:14:

Here's a thought. At Hudson Grotto we can go to 130' and do a very slow ascent - similar to a Mighty O profile. We can judge how we do on air and NDL (at 28% mix). If we miss out on bottom time because of air then we'll look to get bigger tanks. Of course I am not looking to use every PSI in my tank but finish will the normal 500 PSI. Having a pony with us is also a good idea.

Whatta ya think?

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Here's a thought. At Hudson Grotto we can go to 130' and do a very slow ascent - similar to a Mighty O profile. We can judge how we do on air and NDL (at 28% mix). If we miss out on bottom time because of air then we'll look to get bigger tanks. Of course I am not looking to use every PSI in my tank but finish will the normal 500 PSI. Having a pony with us is also a good idea.

Whatta ya think?

Its a good idea. Its just finding the time to get together and do it.

Whatta ya think?

Good Idea! I'm up for it! When? I'm fairly open for weekends. I would need advance warning for a weekday, like at least a couple weeks.

I am open on my schedule. I can look to take a weekday off, or meet up after work for a late afternoon weekday dive. Of course we could meet up on a weekend.

If our schedules do not match up then I could dive with one of you on the weekday and then on the weekend.

I am booked up this weekend. Let me check my schedule for next weekend and see what I an get worked out.

Are all the spots taken up? Got two guys come in the store today wanting to go to "O"

If you are interested in getting two more people in, may have two.

Are all the spots taken up? Got two guys come in the store today wanting to go to "O"

If you are interested in getting two more people in, may have two.

We have three spots left. I may have one of those filled but as for now three. Its a first come first serve thing. So they are going to need to commit pretty quick. If they are interested shoot me a PM and I will tell you how to get in touch with the dive operator and get their names on the list. Along with the rest of the details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom