Mighty O in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
GRD,
I wish I could make it, but wow I guess I need to start saving a bit of the green stuff. However I am thinking that your best half, Miss"D" and I can try to hook up for a boat dive some time soon. It is getting close to go time (28 weeks).

That works for me. I know how expensive those babys are. You can never save enough but you should make every effort to save as much as you can. I think the nearest time I am going to be able to get out and take the Boss Lady diving will be the first of August. This month is really busy for me. It would be cool to get something set up for then. :D Having Miss D come along is a good idea as well. I would dive with her anytime. Just don't trust her when she tells you she isn't bringing her speargun. :wink:

I just feel that everyone should be as safe as possible when it comes to diving. Not trying to fling mud by no means....i just know that there are really good boat captains around here but that you should try to locate the best ones because not from experience but from common knowledge there are a few that have some dangerous practices and don't have the same use of caution as others.
I personally dive with the y knot....but Dr Dive is ran by a great captain also....both run through the same shop and there are others that are great too. Just watch who you trust your dives to...thats all, no need to be offended i wasnt trying to hurt ones feelings...sorry

I just feel that everyone should be as safe as possible when it comes to diving. Not trying to fling mud by no means....i just know that there are really good boat captains around here but that you should try to locate the best ones because not from experience but from common knowledge there are a few that have some dangerous practices and don't have the same use of caution as others.
I personally dive with the y knot....but Dr Dive is ran by a great captain also....both run through the same shop and there are others that are great too. Just watch who you trust your dives to...thats all, no need to be offended i wasnt trying to hurt ones feelings...sorry

No hurt feelings, just curious as to what you're basing these statements on. Can you elaborate with some specifics? "Common klnowledge" - Is that really something that you want to rely on to publicly charge operators with being dangerous?

If you respond, please do so in a new thread.

Hey how about we keep this about diving the Oriskany in August and not about dive operations that none of us in Tampa Know . If you want to chat about them then start a thread for it but don't everun mine.

The Oriskany is a great dive. I live in the P-Cola area so I have had a chance to dive the "O" on several occasions. My recommendation is to purchase one of these dive maps Product Catalog
they can be purchased online or at most of the local dive shops in Pensacola. The "island" of the Oriskany is huge and making a plan is really the best way to cover certain areas of interest for your dive in August. Safe diving.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
The Oriskany is a great dive. I live in the P-Cola area so I have had a chance to dive the "O" on several occasions. My recommendation is to purchase one of these dive maps Product Catalog
they can be purchased online or at most of the local dive shops in Pensacola. The "island" of the Oriskany is huge and making a plan is really the best way to cover certain areas of interest for your dive in August. Safe diving.

Thanks I will check into getting one of those. I can't wait. I am super stoked about it.:D

GRD, Put me down for one spot if you have any left. My back and fundage is much better now. :yeahbaby: BTW, I have one of those Oriskany 3-D dive diagrams. It is very cool IMO. Let me see if the info I have read is right....Aug 23th is the dive target and it is through MBT and I need to call them and mention your name to get on the list. Is that right?

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
GRD, Put me down for one spot if you have any left. My back and fundage is much better now. :yeahbaby: BTW, I have one of those Oriskany 3-D dive diagrams. It is very cool IMO. Let me see if the info I have read is right....Aug 23th is the dive target and it is through MBT and I need to call them and mention your name to get on the list. Is that right?

That's right Bro. You should be the last spot too. If eveyone can make it. There are a couple that aren't definate yet. Glad your getting to come along. :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom