Mismatching twinset 1st stages. Advantage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are your thoughts on a piston one side and a diaphragm on the other? I was recommended not to do this by an instructor but I never followed up to find out why.

I have no strong opinions about mismatching regulators. I've done it before, I'll probably do it again. The demons in my head crave symmetry so mine are usually all matched *extenuating circumstances aside*, so I normally have MK25's on there due to a weird "do as I say, not as I do" circumstance that I fell into with them, but if one failed I would have no issue putting a Poseidon 3960 first stage on there which is what my stage/deco first stages are.
I do specifically argue against mismatching stages if you are buying them new though. It makes service an almighty PITA

So I had a scubapro mk25 and I wound up buying a halcyon h-75p for the twinset.
Pretty fitting for this thread, because they are different without actually being different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom