Miss my Carrying Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas:
It has nothing with certifications or gear configuration.....but everything with imagination and ingenuity.

If you run the 5/8 strap up from behind the sta or the cam slots around the neck of the tank, then it is nice and tight and out of the way...snug up against the tank and the wing/bp.

Here, these will help:
Don't listen to anything Tamas has to say!

It is clear from these pics (and his many posts on the topic) that he dives with the dreaded BWODs! Clearly his opinion is invalid. He is as reckless as they come. . . .:D

xiSkiGuy:
Don't listen to anything Tamas has to say!

It is clear from these pics (and his many posts on the topic) that he dives with the dreaded BWODs! Clearly his opinion is invalid. He is as reckless as they come. . . .:D

Exactly! How can I still be alive.....after all I am, what do they call us? a str**ke? :D I mustn't be doing it right! LOL :D

As for the strap and catching it on something, not the way mine is.

Tamas:
Exactly! How can I still be alive.....after all I am, what do they call us? a str**ke? :D I mustn't be doing it right! LOL :D

As for the strap and catching it on something, not the way mine is.
You'll be disappointed in me Tamas, but I've got 5thD X's Essentials DVD (great resource) and I've ordered JJ's book. I'm not giving up my BWOD's anytime soon, but there is some really good info out there.

I'm sure your setup is pretty snag proof and better if you use a lot of rental tanks, but the pen marks work just as well if you own your own tanks (Jason B's suggestion might be the best). To each their own!

I've just got the video too. $19.95 on ebay. I'll never drink the Koolaid, but the video is great for breaking down the steps in making all the fancy kicks. The modified flutter looks wonky to me. I can't figure out the movements with the hips. Looks a bit like he's diving with a hemorrhoid...

Hey Tamas, where did you get the 5/8 inch strap?

I'm not so sure about the mod flutter, either. . .

I picked up the video on the 5thD X website. $24.95 shipped.

Soggy, I don't get the hp wiggle and it doesn't look like an efficient kick to me. Looks like too much work for the distance traveled. He doesn't seem to make much forward motion with this kick and I'm not sure if he is deliberately kicking slowly or if it is not an efficient kick? Seems that the standard flutter would propel him forward in a more efficient manner.

Soggy,

I understand that it is designed to avoid silt outs (unlike the reg flutter), but I don't see why I would use it instead of a frog kick.

xiSkiGuy:
Soggy,

I understand that it is designed to avoid silt outs (unlike the reg flutter), but I don't see why I would use it instead of a frog kick.

Try using a frog kick while swimming down the hallway of a wreck designed to fit half a person.

It's not a powerhouse kick, but it works for what it is designed for...traveling through a restriction in a silty environment.

redhatmama:
Seems that the standard flutter would propel him forward in a more efficient manner.

...and silt the place out at the same time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom