Missing Diver - Grand Cayman Sept 21, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To all those who have written in respect to the missing diver in the Cayman Islands, I know that his family appreciates the thoughts and prayers. The search goes on today, September 23. While his name has not been released, the diver was an experienced diver, from Las Vegas and exceptional in many ways, including his love for his wife. Keep the prayers up!

Please keep us updated, the dive community is a close one and everyone mourns when something like this happens.......

Sadly, the search has been called off. Searches over several days failed to find the diver.

diverquin, you apparently know the victim? If so, please pass my condolences along to his family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that friends of the family have seen this thread. I also know from reports that I've seen that other members of the victims friends/family had just arrived on the island. I'm sure they are dealing with more pressing issues at the moment, but perhaps in time one of them will come forward with more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
<<<<<<Employees from Dive Tech also conducted a deep dive Wednesday morning attempting to find the missing man.>>>>

Would be interesting to know just how deep that dive was.

If I see Jay again before I leave I'll ask him.

My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends. Divers have a passion and love for the ocean only other divers really understand. I hope that gives you comfort, and never give up hope.

Back
Top Bottom