"Missing Diver" off Monastery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LittleFrog

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have any up-to-date news of the "missing diver" off Monastary yesterday?

I was walking a loop around Carmel yesterday. As I passed the rough surf at Carmel Beach and saw waves breaking offshore past Copper Roof House, I thought, "really bad day for diving". As I rounded the bend near Butterfly House and walked toward Carmel River Beach, I saw the helicopter and boats in search patterns. Evidently, a diver reported his buddy missing off of Monastery.

I read in the paper today that the existence of a second diver was questionable. A witness reported that the diver went in alone and said his buddy was already in the water. Authorities couldn't find the "missing" diver's vehicle and the dive shop they rented gear from had no record of renting to a second person.

The newspaper article said the diver who made the report had a bloody scrape on his forehead, evidently from being roughed up in the surf. Personally, I'd have to question the sanity of anyone who'd go out in those conditions in the first place....especially at Monastery. But that's just me.

Dive Safe!

Now why would someone makeup such a story.......must have been seriuosly narced that dewd???

Weird story! ...and what's with the white slacks in January?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom