Missing diver Sharm El Sheikh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debrapotts

Registered
Reaction score
Please excuse me for using this forum to try and reach anybody who may have some information for us.
I am posting on behalf of a family member whose husband has disappeared today whilst diving in Sharm el sheikh. He is an experienced diver but has been missing for over 12 hours. The search, which has found nothing, has been called off during darkness but should start again at 4am London time.
We can not get any information and are all so worried.
Can anybody help, please.
Many thanks
Debby

Hi.
Thought I would also post on this forum. As stated earlier we are desperately trying to get any info on Alan Costello from the uK who has gone missing today in Sharm el Sheikh. He is an experienced diver but hasn't been seen for over 12 hours. His diving buddy thought he was behind him on their ascent.
If anybody has heard anything on the news or has any advice, please please get back to me. We haven't been able to reach anybody in the area and we are desperate for info, especially his wife.
The search starts again at first light.
Many thanks to you all.
Debby

Just hope all turns out well.

I hope he turns out OK like the Gulf Diver.

Which dive center (or live-aboard boat) was he diving with?

Hi,
Unfortunately I don't know but know that he was in a group of 10 who had hired a boat and they were on their first dive of the holiday.
Apparently they have been exploring a wreck when they were overcome with silt and fell into trouble. We just don't know if Alan got out ok. They had a guide with them.

Have you heard anything? Good or bad, please just let us know.
Best regards,
Debby

Second search has been called off. Unfortunately no good news.
Debby

Unfortunately the 2nd search has been called off. He was on the Rosalie Muller in case anybody has any news. Thank you for all your help, it has been a comfort.
Debby

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom