Missing New England diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NECN has streaming video fo their broadcast from this morning. It gives a little more than what we've heard before... 35 ft depth... But it's still not an update.

WHDH has video that mentions he was diving dry.

WCVB has video that is a little later, the article is from 12:30, but the video indicates "Almost 24 hours".

No luck yet. They are starting to search the islands in case he got himself there.

I've dove there and the surrounding area (although not at night), it can be a difficult dive: cold, murkey, current,and there was a decent sea running yesterday. But, sound like the guy was experienced and for people that dive around here that's really not too bad a spot (lots of big lobsters and very old wrecks).

I hope the guy made to an island, tide should have been running in around then. Even dry, you can get cold in that water, but, I would say, w/ a suit full of air you could last hours, over which time you could drift really far.

Watching update now on Fox 25.

Haven't been found yet. Coast Guard has called off search indefinately. His friends have continued to dive looking for him and they had to call off the search due to weather and poor visability.

I read in the paper today that this missing diver's body was recovered by a rec diver around outer brewster (where he had gone missing), cause of death was detrmined to be drowning. Anyone have any additional information?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom