MK 5 turret retainer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello people. 2 questions: 1)I'm curious how many people have used the custom made turret bolt described here and has there been any issues with it? 2) Is it easy to visually inspect if the bolt has been overtorqued? thanks in advance.

oxtail

Is it possible to do another production run of turret bolts? There seems to be some demand.

Last time I asked, the supplier said he needed a batch of 100 to be effective.
I still think this would be most efficient in the far east. Is there any members in China reading?

I hadn't thought about
china. the company I work for makes a lot of stuff in
china. I am a bit leary about quality. Still I can ask the Quality Manager in china if he can recommend a shop. On a related note, is the MK10 and current mk25 retainer the same SP I would install in a MK5?

Maybe Bryan at VintageDoubleHose.com would be interested on having some made. I will ask him when I talk to him.

I can't remember, how much did they end up costing the last time?

...... On a related note, is the MK10 and current mk25 retainer the same SP I would install in a MK5?

I don't know about the MK25, but the MK10 and Mk5 swivel retainers are different. Different threads, and the head on the MK 10 is round with an internally wrenching hex broach while the MK5 has a head that requires a socket.

The last batch costed $12.55 each including bulk shipping to the US.

The MK20/25's also use a round head with a hex broach like the MK10.

Bryan at VintageDoubleHose.com just sent me an email saying that he is getting some quotes on having them made. He will know price and delivery date in a few days.

He is having a lot of regulator parts made at a reasonable price. He seems to have a good relationship with several machine shops (domestic and abroad, in Canada, and I think in Asia also). This is a relatively simple part, so it should not be any issues for him to get some made… we will see in a few days.

Note: His website started as mostly vintage double hose, but there is a section of single hose in the VDH message board and his store carries a lot of single hose regulator parts.

Back
Top Bottom