MK 5 turret retainer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I'm still in for 2. Really appreciate the work you all have done in putting this together!

Bro, you said "mele Kalikimaka" twice: I take it as a most politically incorrect bias toward the Hawaiians. :D

I sent the sample bolt yesterday. I was hoping the piston would stay put while I removed the cap, but of course it came off with it. Looks like a mini-rebuild is in order. :D

Bro, you said "mele Kalikimaka" twice: I take it as a most politically incorrect bias toward the Hawaiians. :D

I sent the sample bolt yesterday. I was hoping the piston would stay put while I removed the cap, but of course it came off with it. Looks like a mini-rebuild is in order. :D

I'd just reinstall the piston as long as you know the age of the -010. It is little different from when you add or subtract washers to adjust IP

In the future, apply air pressure through one open LP port as you remove the ambient chamber and the piston should stay in the body.

Bro, you said "mele Kalikimaka" twice: I take it as a most politically incorrect bias toward the Hawaiians. :D ...

couv is indeed a wise man.

We have been known to kill, roast, and eat those who give offense or insult, even when unintended: Poor Captain Cook... But I heard he went well with poi and fish... :rofl3:

And Merry Chistmas to all, in all languages!

The spirit of the Polynesian warriors still lives on in the 50th state. Way cool!

I'm late to the game, but I will take THREE of these.

It's the whole "humu humu nuku nuku....." thing; I thought I was supposed to say everything twice. :D

It's the whole "humu humu nuku nuku....." thing; I thought I was supposed to say everything twice.
04.gif

OK, now I'm off to listen to some IZ music.

Great news.

I am still in for two, but my buddy backed out :(

Thanks for all the work,

Keith

Extra! Just out!

Arnaud, the French seller, has got another offer from an alternative machinist:
  • 7.60 euros each for a minimum quantity of 50 and a lead time of 4 weeks!
And now the fine prints:
  • 7.60 euros is 9.99 dollars according to xe.com right now. That can be a fews % worse for buy rate - No big deal.
  • Timing: I'll be away diving Dec 24 - Jan 8, so the project'll start earliest on Jan 10, ETA: Feb.
  • The machinist demands a model - Still no biggies, I can remove mine and send him.
  • I'm not sure about QA & shipping: maybe Arnaud can send the finished goods to a friend's place in France nearby at domestic rate, then I try them on mine that I'll have to reassemble anyway, and ship them to you guys. What do you think?
  • To save on international shipping, it'll be good if we had a volunteer acting Post Office in the US; he'll ship to the various parties at domestic rate.
  • Payment: Arnaud prefers 1 single payment; that's OK: I can pay him and you guys can PayPal me. We can work this out after the fix the previous point.
Any comments, additions, wisdoms, plaisantries?

I'm still in.

I might even be able to act as US Postal Service for this round, gotta ask the wife if she'll mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom