Mk16/R380 or Mk25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An R380 is a good, reliable, budget regulator. An S600 is among the top high performance regulators.

If you do cold water diving (<10C/50F), most people will agree that a diaphram design (like the MK16) is better than a piston design (like the MK25), because it is completely sealed and has a lower risk of freezing up (do a search on "regulator freeze" to read more about this).

From a pure breathing perspective the MK25/S600 is superior (and thus more expensive...).
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Thanks. I am just a new beginner and live in a warm area. I am planning to buy a regulator. If I choose M25/S600, then which brand / model of octopuse. Thanks.:wink:

They are both top notch regulators. Personally I like the second stage of the ScubaPro's better than those of Apeks. Which I why my personal favorite is the Aqualung Legend LX (first stage similar to and made by Apeks, but with a much better 2nd stage: less bubbles, drier).
The only drawback of the ScubaPro is that it is all plastic and if you do a lot of diving you will get a very dry mouth.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

All the SP regs are top quality. For cold water I recommend MK16.

If you are going to go Scuba Pro, then I would probably look at either a Mk16/S550 or Mk16/G250. I have a Mk25/S600?R380 and I am not all that impressed with the set up. I am not saying that it is bad, but it hasn't lived up to my expectations. If I had to do over again i would hav egone with a less expensive scuba pro or an Atomic z1.

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
If I had to do over again i would hav egone with a less expensive scuba pro or an Atomic z1.

I'm probably not helping here at all, but here it goes anyway..
Atomic regulators rock! :D

Back
Top Bottom