Mk17 vs Mk17 EVO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are so defensive when it comes to shop owners... you argue even when I am agreeing with you haha.

Well, we've all been fed loads of BS from dive shops and manufacturers' sales literature, especially with regards to regulator function and servicing. At least for me, when I get a whiff of it on this forum, there's little patience for it. You also have the misfortune of being preceded on SB by another SP platinum dealer who does little more than pile on the BS about how great his products are.

Personally I think it's great that you are participating on SB, just do not expect much courtesy when you start substituting sales pitches for accuracy in your comments.

Inverse IP is actually done on purpose with SP diaphragm regs. The idea is that 2nds get a performance boost at super low tank pressure. Believe it or don't believe it. But it does make sense.

You just lost a bunch more credibility as that was the "marketing solution" as a response to an engineering "flaw".... please do not spew that "alternative truth", we have thoroughly discussed it already. It's physics, not a designed/engineered performance.... good grief...:shakehead:

Inverse IP is actually done on purpose with SP diaphragm regs. The idea is that 2nds get a performance boost at super low tank pressure. Believe it or don't believe it. But it does make sense.

Wait, why? Why is it necessary? Especially with balanced 2nd stage? Looking at how balanced pipet design, I would say you get zero performance gain for 12PSI change..

This sounds exactly like how Apeks markets their "over balanced" as a feature while it is really a design limitation. I would bet even if SP wants to, they can't make Mk17 perfectly balanced without major redesign

How is that guy getting to inverse IP now?!

He obviously doesn't understand that Dacor, AL, Mares and quite some others designed the inverse IP thing 'on purpose' decades before SP, but okay, they were not stupid enough to claim they did that on purpose......:facepalm:

Oh what a load of bull. It's what happens to all diaphragm regulators when the balance chamber is not fully compensating for the upstream bias.

Go and learn some basic information about how regulators function.

Edit: It looks like a few others beat me to it. I told you there wouldn't be much patience.....

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom