Mk17 vs Mk17 EVO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it absolut necessary to have so little clue about how regulators work or is it just helpful as a Platinum Dealer of SP?

I'm now 15 years SP Dealer, but it never crossed my mind to tell my customers such a blunder like you obviously do to sell regulators.

But it also never crossed my mind to believe all the stuff they tell you about their latest 'innovative' products........

There is automobile/mechanical engineers, auto mechanics, and car sale men. How many sale men know how a car engine works or fix it, not to mention how many can design an engine. Although there are always exceptions.

Is it absolut necessary to have so little clue about how regulators work or is it just helpful as a Platinum Dealer of SP?

I'm now 15 years SP Dealer, but it never crossed my mind to tell my customers such a blunder like you obviously do to sell regulators.

But it also never crossed my mind to believe all the stuff they tell you about their latest 'innovative' products........

Then maybe you should study up haha.

Our only blunder is not telling someone who makes 10 dives a year over the span of 2 vacations that if they don't have a $1000.00 reg they will die and not be able to breathe well.

Just about anything will work for them. I believe that if they decide to purchase ANY SP reg they will have years of trouble free service even if they decide to not have it serviced every 100 dives.

As for knowledge of how regs work axxel57 I'd be happy to give you a class on it if you really think tank pressure has no effect on performance of a reg whatsoever.

As for knowledge of how regs work axxel57 I'd be happy to give you a class on it...

You've mentioned a few times that you're knowledgeable about how regulators work, and you've mentioned a few times that the rise in IP over the supply range for the MK17 is a deliberate enhancement. So, why don't you explain how SP implemented this rise in IP? What did they do to the design to achieve it? Are other manufacturers doing this, or is SP the only one? And if a 10PSI rise in IP over the supply range is an enhancement, why not go for 20PSI? Wouldn't that be even better? How would you achieve that?

I would also be curious about any tuning tips you might have for the pilot, if you're so inclined as to share those. I could use some help tuning my pilot. There's a thread about it:

Scubapro Pilot

Nobody is criticizing you in this thread because you're a SP dealer. We are criticizing you because you are making false statements about regulator function. So, prove all of us wrong and write something that demonstrates real understanding of regulators. These threads tend to be a little chippy, but they are more-or-less self moderating in that BS gets called out and true statements tend to get affirmed pretty quickly.

Not him.

How is he now getting to tank pressure?!

Thanks for your offer, I'm sure that class would be very entertaining, I guess quite some other forum members would be interested to join in and listen to your elaborations concerning regulator function.

But for all practical purposes what do you phantasizes could the tank pressure effect the performance of a well balanced 1st and a balanced 2nd apart from maybe the flow rate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom