MK25 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
My wifes MK25 has a leak from where you insert the allen wrench to adjust the IP. This is a new reg 8 dives on it, what could cause that ? I will take it to the LDS next week when he opens but for my knowledge Id like to know the possable source of the leak.

sylvester once bubbled...
My wifes MK25 has a leak from where you insert the allen wrench to adjust the IP. This is a new reg 8 dives on it, what could cause that ? I will take it to the LDS next week when he opens but for my knowledge Id like to know the possable source of the leak.

First of all something is wrong. Don't dive with it and take it in for servicing.

The diaphragm is on that end of the reg. Chances are it isn't sealing correctly. Something could be loose or it could be damaged.

Were you trying to adjust the IP?

R..

Probably a problem with the o-ring on the HP seat. That ring is the only seal coming out that end of the reg. Should be repairable by pulling out the plug, a little pressure should blow out the seat and, since you are in warrenty, a new HP seat with o-ring. Labor should be minimal. I'll get that stuff in the mail to you next week

Ok, thanks folks, Awap its the reg I bought in Tx, and no I have not tryed to do any adjustment to it.

I will get it to my LDS this week thanks

Diver0001 once bubbled...

The diaphragm is on that end of the reg.

Piston regulators don't have diaphragms.
:rolleyes:

It is probably the o-ring on the hp seat.

Munin once bubbled...

Piston regulators don't have diaphragms.
:rolleyes:

It is probably the o-ring on the hp seat.

Oops. I assumed it was a diaphragm when he said that where you insert the allen wrench to adjust the IP was leaking. I don't recall every seeing a piston regulator with an external IP adjustment so I assumed it was a diaphragm. Does the MK25 have an external IP adjustment?

R..

Its externally adjustable, and there is an O-ring on the HP seat that is leaking.

Likely bad assembly at the factory (e.g. damaged O-ring); its trivially fixable, and the seat is PROBABLY ok (if the IP is stable there is no reason to change the seat itself.)

The O-ring is literally a 10 cent part and shouldn't take more than a few minutes to replace.

WARNING: NEVER adjust the IP on these regs with the regulator pressurized! You can damage the seat doing this as it will rotate against the knife-edge when you turn the adjustment, and there have been reported lock-ups at depth caused by doing this!

Actually the Mk20/25 doesn't have a knife edge piston. After the probs with the Mk15, which did, SP switched to a blunt piston with rounded edges, which fits into a matching recess in the seat.

Genesis once bubbled...
WARNING: NEVER adjust the IP on these regs with the regulator pressurized! You can damage the seat doing this as it will rotate against the knife-edge when you turn the adjustment, and there have been reported lock-ups at depth caused by doing this!

Back
Top Bottom