MK25-Which end is up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Works equally well either way. I put the swivel of my Mark 10 down because I don't want it hitting me in the back of the head, but aside from personal preference, it doesn't matter.

I have mine configured like Walter's to avoid being hit in the back of the head. No problems.

It is one of those weird design things with Scubapro. I have an MK17, and there is a pretty plastic cap on one end that most divers would want pointed down (otherwise the reg rides too high).

Maybe it's a way to tell the posers from the cool divers...:shades:

Either way is right…If you find yourself being hit in the head underwater flip it over. I use it with the turret up because I have no problems with it hitting the back of my head underwater.

singlefront.jpg

A nice way to route the hoses. :)

When I used a jacket bc, I had the swivel up but I could place the tank low enough that it didn't hit the back of my head. Now I use a bp wing and have had to put the swivel down, even though the tank is as low as it can go in the bands, for the reason Walter stated. But it's hard to reach and the swivel doesn't have much room for swiveling.

You can even put it sideways.

Well, that's good! There is no wrong way!

Just wanted to make sure that I didn't get any :dork2:looks on the next dive trip!!

Thanks all!

amajamar, someone will always be around to tell you you're not doing it correctly. I have seen it happen to another guy who wore his up and he was a SP Tech of many years. He was really lambasted for it being wrong. He calmly thanked them, promised to correct it once he got home, and then he I both chuckled and giggled about it.

I, like Hanj49 said, am more comfortable with it up with the BC I wear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom