MK25-Which end is up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it really does depend on the other gear that you are using.... I have a mk25 and mank mk5's I wear it pointing down like in the above picture because I like the hose routing especially if I am wearing my doubles

but either way is fine...I would however be worried about possible strain on the hoses with the turret in the up position.....just remember that you get 15% better flow If you use the high flow LP port located on the bottom of the turret on all the MK5, 10,15,20,25 regs.

If I want to change to the high flow port, (which my reg is not connected to now) do I need to have it recalibrated?

No adjustment should be necessary. But, since your Mk25 is already passing more gas than you and your 2nd stage can handle, you are not likely to see any difference in performance. Before you make such a change, take a look at the overall hose routing changes and see if that looks like an improvement over what you have. With a single tank rig, unless you are diving a long hose on your primary (hose routed under your arm), you may create more problems than you solve trying to use that end port.

The flow on the MK25 is already off the charts. Is 15% more than "way more than you could ever use" even required IRL?

John

With a single tank rig, unless you are diving a long hose on your primary (hose routed under your arm), you may create more problems than you solve trying to use that end port.

I agree. Using a standard length hose, using the center port would make the hose too short to be comfortable.

Aside from that, does the MK20 have a swivel?

I agree. Using a standard length hose, using the center port would make the hose too short to be comfortable.

Aside from that, does the MK20 have a swivel?

Yes. Mk25 is essentially a Mk20 with an external IP adjuster and other evolutionary changes that are interchangable between the two regulators.

I guess to boil it down to brass tacks, (is that mixing metaphors, or something?) I'm trying to figure out if I actually got a MK25. Since I'm new to all this gear, I was not wary when I purchased the reg second hand. I did not notice that there were no heatsink fins, and yes, the yoke knob does say "MK25" but I guess I'm trying to figure out if I got ripped...

(Please read above as "How stupid am I? :dork2:)

I guess to boil it down to brass tacks, (is that mixing metaphors, or something?) I'm trying to figure out if I actually got a MK25. Since I'm new to all this gear, I was not wary when I purchased the reg second hand. I did not notice that there were no heatsink fins, and yes, the yoke knob does say "MK25" but I guess I'm trying to figure out if I got ripped...

(Please read above as "How stupid am I? :dork2:)
Post a picture. Will be pretty east to tell.

MK25sm.jpg

OK.. Is it or isn't it a MK25?

And yes, I can read the knob!!:no

Back
Top Bottom