MK25?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is all about bundling the deal. LOL.

Will definitely keep that in mind. How do you manage to keep all your stuff given that space is a premium where you are located?

For service kits, do you get it directly from SP and AmInt?

Which 1st stage do you recommend for the G250?

I live in a house and have a dedicated diving room, well it's more of a large closet but with shelving, a clothes pole and storage boxes I can fit everything, just...

I used to get the bulk of my parts from VDH but have luckily found a SP dealer out of the EU who sells me parts. Trying to get a dealer to sell me parts here in Japan was impossible.

I'm currently using some MK17s with 2 sets of G250s but have acquired rather cheaply some MK10, MK5 and MK15, they were attached to the G250s I bought. Over here the MK10 is the most common first stage attached to the G250. I've either traded or given away all the older first stages I acquired but have kept one MK10 that is is in pristine condition and I will have a go at servicing it.

Service kits for the conshelf are very easy to get from either VDH or eBay. The SP dealer who sells me SP parts is also an Aqualung dealer so I get kits from him. If you need other parts for a Conshelf like inlet tube, poppet or spring VDH has them. I was advised by the dealer that AL only have main diaphragms, exhaust Ts and service kits still in stock. Amron have service kits and poppets on their site but they have no listed prices as they are for the military so have no idea if they will sell to the public.

In short, getting service kits for both is not difficult as there are plenty around the only question is what price you're going to have to pay for them.

Last edited:
It is all about bundling the deal. LOL.

Will definitely keep that in mind. How do you manage to keep all your stuff given that space is a premium where you are located?

For service kits, do you get it directly from SP and AmInt?

Which 1st stage do you recommend for the G250?

I've put two aside with your name on them should you decide you want to have a play. I'm not into make money so will sell at my cost plus shipping which would be in the $20-30 range by EMS. Anyway, no pressure, your call, whenever. I can give you a list of parts you'll likely need and where you can get them. I can probably help re the actual kits.

Last edited:
IMG_4713.JPG
Thanks for the info. I just ordered one. $8.95 is a good price. :)

Just got it today. It's pretty small & light. I'm going to put it in my tool box when I go for troubleshooting during a long diving trip. :)

I think, I can just unplug the quick connect to the BCD inflator & plug this IP gauge to that low pressure hose & check the low pressure for leak or pressure creep, is that right?

I may not be able to hear the leak, but I can see the needle moving if a big leak or reading from high number to a lower number after a few minutes if a small leak. :)

With small leaks, IP gauge needle will not move much until supply pressure falls below IP.

I assume that we open the tank valve for a short burst to pressurize the line, then close the tank valve and watch the gauge needle for sometime.

I've put two aside with your name on them should you decide you want to have a play. I'm not into make money so will sell at my cost plus shipping which would be in the $20-30 range by EMS. Anyway, no pressure, your call, whenever. I can give you a list of parts you'll likely need and where you can get them. I can probably help re the actual kits.

Cool! Thank you!

I assume that we open the tank valve for a short burst to pressurize the line, then close the tank valve and watch the gauge needle for sometime.

Make a sandwich. It could take quite some time for the supply pressure to fall far enough to show on the IP gauge. If the leak happens to be in the HP circuit you may never see it on the IP gauge.

Why don't you want to use your SPG?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom