Mo2vation Boat dives for 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TekDiveGirl:
And I hear that they have some really good DM's! :14:

Kimber

And toasty ones... :wink:

---
Ken

So far, here are the boats that have been mentioned as possibilities in this thread:

Ventura/Santa Barbara:

Conception (Santa Barbara)
Peace (Ventura)
Spectre (Ventura)
Truth (Santa Barbara)

Orange County/Los Angeles:

CeeRay
Encore
Great Escape
Magician
Pacific Star
Sand Dollar
Sundiver

San Diego:

Lois Ann
Dive Bliss
DnDII (DCI to Wreck Alley, Point Loma, etc.)
Ocean Express (DCI to the Coronados)

If you think there are others we should be considering, post that to this thread.

I'll be contacting each of these to see what kind of arrangements can be made. When we vote on which boats we should use, I think it makes sense that we'll do it knowing what the deals are.

I'll finally start to contact these boats next week, so that we can discuss their deals and vote for the boats we want to use for the 2006 calendar year.

Christian

Christian, thanks again for arranging these trips.

I haven't posted in a long time and this one will be short.

1. The Truth Aquatics boats are great but they are way out of the way for most of us. Why drive all the way to SB for a day boat to the NCI when the same can be achieved out of Ventura? The Peace has my vote.

2. The Magician and the Pac Star get my vote for SoCal. They're reasonably fast, have good food and good air and more importantly, great people.

Arnaud:
Christian, thanks again for arranging these trips.

I haven't posted in a long time and this one will be short.

1. The Truth Aquatics boats are great but they are way out of the way for most of us. Why drive all the way to SB for a day boat to the NCI when the same can be achieved out of Ventura? The Peace has my vote.

2. The Magician and the Pac Star get my vote for SoCal. They're reasonably fast, have good food and good air and more importantly, great people.
Hi Arnaud,

It was great seeing you on the Mo2vation Boat Dive on Saturday. It's my pleasure to help put these things together. I enjoy getting all of the ScubaBoard people together. The comraderie that this region of ScubaBoard is developing is really great.

You make a very good point about the Santa Barbara boats vs the Ventura boats. It seems that it's more practical to get a few people to drive south than an overwhelming majority to drive north.

I'm guessing we'd probably get a much better turn out in Ventura than Santa Barbara. I'd be interested to hear what others think about this.

Christian

headhunter:
I'm guessing we'd probably get a much better turn out in Ventura than Santa Barbara. I'd be interested to hear what others think about this.

Christian

Christain,
My vote is Ventura.:D

Lets see: go to bed early, wake up late, crawl out to the car, drive 5 min., hey, I'm at the boat!

But, I will "Drive to Dive" where ever the boat is out of.:05:

Rick

Yeah, Santa Barbara is a haul that I am unlikely to make unless it's multi day.

None of the other boats are on my personal "boat embargo" so they're all good.

It was a good time Saturday

Yeah, Ventura is better for a single day trip. Anacapa is a good destination, close by, so 4 dives are possible (at least on the Spectre). I love the anacapa reserve.

Wouldn't mind multi day trips either as long as they are Sat-Sun (anybody else considering the new years eve trips with Truth Aquatics?)

Sorry that it has taken me so long to get the info on the 2006 Mo2vation boat dives rolling. I've just been buried with things to do and just got a bit of time to move forward on this.

I just sent emails inquiring about the Peace, Spectre, Cee Ray, Great Escape, Magician, Pacific Star, Sand Dollar, Lois Ann, Dive Bliss, Dn'DII and Ocean Express. I did not send an email to the Encore since it's been sold and apparently will no longer cater to divers.

I'll post the arrangements offerred and dates that each boat makes available to us as they come in.

I hope that they all respond fairly quickly and that we can have all decisions made by January 1st.

The 2006 calendar year of Mo2vation dives is gonna rock!

Christian

I got a nice reply from the Sand Dollar.

They will only work on the basis of chartering the entire boat to us. They do not have "open boats".

The only other option is to book through a dive shop that is already chartering their boat. Each shop will have its own pricing, so they would each have to be contacted to find out what kind of deal they might be willing to offer on any particular day.

I think we'll be able to work directly with other boats. Let's see what kinds of replies I get from the other boat owners.

Christian

The Spectre is a good boat & you can get in 4 dives. The crew is very helpful & the food is great.

Happy Diving
John

Back
Top Bottom