mod complaints: Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. But, it is what it is. Unfortunately, it represents a complete unwillingness to acknowledge reality, as well as a strong inclination to play the role of victim. There are no 'thought police' on SB. The topic of the thread was clear. The discussion veered way off that topic. Users expressed 'concern', both IN THE THREAD and through the established procedure (Reports), about the diversion of the original topic toward unrelated discussion. The deletion of threads had NOTHING to do with the content, rather the focus. They were simply OFF TOPIC.

No, it won't.

But, there are always some who want the thread to reflect only their PARTICULAR PERSONAL INTERESTS, and not WHAT THE OP MAY HAVE ASKED. They have the opportunity to post elsewhere, but choose to do so in a thread which addresses a separate, and distinct topic. Oh, well.
By the way, please do not personalize this.

Yes. But, it is what it is. Unfortunately, it represents a complete unwillingness to acknowledge reality, as well as a strong inclination to play the role of victim. There are no 'thought police' on SB The topic of the thread was clear. The discussion veered way off that topic. Users expressed 'concern', both IN THE THREAD and through the established procedure (Reports), about the diversion of the original topic toward unrelated discussion.

But, there are always some who want the thread to reflect only their PARTICULAR PERSONAL INTERESTS, and not WHAT THE OP MAY HAVE ASKED. They have the opportunity to post elsewhere, but choose to do so in a thread which addresses a separate, and distinct topic. Oh, well.

I hope you sleep well tonight having done what you did. Threads have run rampant here for years and very few have ever had their posts deleted because this was a place where all voices were heard even if it did go off topic. You're the boss so do as you will but me and many others probably won't be contributors if this abuse continues.

Welp, you can restore the deleted comments into their own thread, as you indicated you might do, Colliam7.
I agree, and I will try to do so, as I said I MIGHT do. Of course, others who wish to discuss the off-topic issue before I can do this can also do what was already suggested:
Colliam7:
If you would to have a more general discussion about COVID-19, global and country-specific policies related to the pandemic, the role of personal concerns - fear, etc. - in dealing with it, feel free to start a thread in an appropriate forum. 'Non-diving-related-stuff' (Non-Diving Related Stuff) might be a good place.
Or, they can simply complain about the 'thought police' and write about how things were in the past, and NOT continue the discussion elsewhere. :)

I agree, and others who wish to discuss the off-topic issue before I can do this can also do what was already suggested:Or, they can simply complain about the 'thought police' and write about how things were in the past, and NOT continue the discussion elsewhere. :)

Look, Colliam7, either create the thread promptly or stop promising. If you cannot avoid scoffing, then have someone else do so.

I hope you sleep well tonight having done what you did. Threads have run rampant here for years and very few have ever had their posts deleted because this was a place where all voices were heard even if it did go off topic. You're the boss so do as you will but me and many others probably won't be contributors if this abuse continues.
Doesnt look like you have contributed financially after all these years and posts?

just sayn

Thank You callium7! I am so tired of the same 4-5 guys hijaking every single thread to lecture us on their expertise on Covid regardless of the thread topic. At one time Scubaboard used to relate to diving but now it’s all about the armchair covid experts!

Look, Colliam7, either create the thread promptly or stop promising. If you cannot avoid scoffing, then have someone else do so.
OK, I will not plan to move the off-topic posts since I cannot meet your timeline. I didn't 'promise' any such thing. If you wish to restart the thread in the 'Non-diving' forum, please go ahead.

OK, I will not plan to move the off-topic posts since I cannot meet your timeline. I didn't 'promise' any such thing. If you wish to restart the thread in the 'Non-diving' forum, please go ahead.
Colliam7, I was not aware of specifying any deadline. I am really surprised at what seems to be your attitude here. @Jack can be a tyrant on Twitter (until Trump finally sics his Justice Department on him, which will be never), but I did not expect to find that attitude here. Please stop it. You are not advantaging Scubaboard.

As for sefuchs's latest, I don't know what you have recently read, but know that I am a statistical reviewer for certain medical journals. So yes, I am an expert. If I give a thumbs down, the peer-reviewed article will not be published. If I know the editor (which I typically do), I am willing to tank an article personally. If I think the article can be salvaged, I am not too high and mighty to provide specific instructions to save the article.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom