• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Model information : Watergill / Seapro Regulators

Discussion in 'Vintage Equipment Diving' started by fp5849, Apr 4, 2014.

1. fp5849

fp5849 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I have been reading some confusing model references in various threads about WaterGill / SeaPro regulators.

Does anyone know which of the following model numbers are correct?
    What are the features of the different models?

FSDS 10
    FSDS 50
    FSDS 100
    FSDS 200

Did all of the models feature the Dual Pistons?

2. John C. Ratliff

John C. Ratliff Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    fp5849,

Not many people are real familiar with Watergill and Seapro regulators. I know that they came out with the AtPak too. They had a loyal following, but it was pretty narrowly focused, and they did not stay in business long enough to really get established beyond the West Coast of the USA.

SeaRat

3. solutions3

solutions3 Angel Fish

# of Dives:
    A little late responding to this note. I was looking for something else from Water Gill. Water Gill was big in Wisconsin with the At-Pac from 1968 about, to 1977. President Bill Walters and I collaborated on the BCVest in 1975 I later named the challenger. Here's the story; about 1975 Bill came to Milwaukee on his yearly field sales trip. He had a big multi-store scuba store in metropolitan Milwaukee and my stores Bennett Academies. We went to dinner at Jake's and talked scuba. Go figure. He was loosing market share because the lead pellet back pack he designed was loosing favor with the growing traveling diver market. No one wanted to carry lead shot to the islands and the islands didn't want to supply lead shot to that small group. Also they didn't want to pick up lead shot all over the coral. I designed the 'Challenger' on a paper table cover and he built the first vest for me to test. We cut a deal he wouldn't sell the vest to anyone else for two seasons and the design was his. Who Knew? SeaPro came on the scene a little later and then his son took over. I tried to enclose a picture of the third generation, no luck. The first two were, well OK, but we were using the hard shell back pack from the AT-Pac. At the start of the third season the vest had evolved to a soft shell pack for easy travel. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

4. Mike Lev

Mike Lev Barracuda

Not all the models were dual pistons.The dual pistons ones are rare.