Moldable mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have several of the Mares Jax mouthpieces and can't think of a bad thing to say about them. Possibly the best comfort per dollar purchase I have made with regard to dive gear.

I've never had an issue using someone else's moldable mouthpiece in a simulated OOA situation, and nobody has ever voiced an issue with mine.

Seacure upper and lower bite areas are not the same. The instructions explain it all. I have an overbite and by using it in the up side down way, it works a charm for me, as per instructions. The Jax and DGE ones could not be made to fit comfortably for me.

I got a SeaCure at one of the DEMA's, and I also got one for my wife.
We both hurled at depth - that mouthpiece, even trimmed down, did something to trigger the hurl reflex.
Try it - if it works for you, you're a better man/woman/other than I am, InitialPosterDin.
If it doesn't work for you, well, you know where to file it.
Good luck.

My son used a Sea Cure for several years until he tried my Apex Comfo-Bite which he has now switched to. It needs to be a genuine Apex or Aqualung one as the generics are way too soft

I have toyed with getting one, but on reflection I really have no problem with the standard mouthpieces. Why do you think you would need one?

Reactions: BRT
I don't even recall what model the one I bought like 10 years ago was, but it's still working fine. The reason I got it was my primary was almost ripped out of my mouth by current descending on an anchor line in the Gulf of Mex. Can't imagine going back to the standard one. My "buddy" did find it interesting while buddy breathing in the DM course....

My son used a Sea Cure for several years until he tried my Apex Comfo-Bite which he has now switched to. It needs to be a genuine Apex or Aqualung one as the generics are way too soft

The Comfo-bite mouthpiece came with my first regs. I dove with it about three times, and could not stand it any longer... It rubbed the gum behind my upper teeth till it was raw. I switched to a mouthpiece with a longer bite and liked it better immediately. Later switched to the Sea-Cure.

I've been using my original SeaCure for so long that it no longer really matches my teeth, ergo rubbing occurs and it's also not a nice colour anymore. (I had to cut it down on the ends to fit my mouth too.

A few years ago I bought a replacement, didn't get to it, despite carrying it all over the world and back a few times. I'd really like to replace it now but have lost the instructions.

A little help anyone? Thanks

I've been using my original SeaCure for so long that it no longer really matches my teeth, ergo rubbing occurs and it's also not a nice colour anymore. (I had to cut it down on the ends to fit my mouth too.

A few years ago I bought a replacement, didn't get to it, despite carrying it all over the world and back a few times. I'd really like to replace it now but have lost the instructions.

A little help anyone? Thanks
How to Mold Hi-Flow SeaCure Custom Mouthpiece Instructions with video.

Not sure why you are interested in the custom mouthpiece, but I was thinking about one several years ago to reduce jaw strain. Instead, I switched to a more flexible hose (braided) and added a swivel connector between the hose and my second stage. Now I hardly need to use my teeth at all to hold the regulator in my mouth.

--Thumbsplitter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom