Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5-10 feet on The Wall on Friday. Reports that it was up to 15 on Thirsday. Light surge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday afternoon vis about 150m offshore from the Monterey Plaza Hotel in 30' of water was 5-10. Got temps of 52-53 degrees. Minimal surge.

Yesterday at Lobos . . . viz in the cove was maybe 10 feet; down below about 50 feet it opened up to 15 or so. Plenty of viz to see the spectacular color!

Yesterday at Lobos . . . viz in the cove was maybe 10 feet; down below about 50 feet it opened up to 15 or so. Plenty of viz to see the spectacular color!

TSandM, Welcome to California. Wish I had been there, I would love to meet you in person.

Yes, I'm sort of sad that I haven't been able to connect with more SB folks. But I got to see old friends, so that was great.

Better vis than I was expecting at Lobos today (Tue 27th) - 20-25' on Middle Reef @ 50-55' depths in the morning, about 20' in the early afternoon. It was surgey, and not particularly warm (48 Oceanic degrees), but, hey - 20-25'! I'll take that....

I dove Lobos yesterday, 5/27 and I was not expecting much with the poor vis reports this week. We didn't get there until around 10:30 or so and since I was with a new to Point Lobos diver, we did not enter the water until noon.

We did our first dive across middle reef towards Granite Point and back and was very pleased to have 20 - 25 feet of vis and had fun with the surge.

Second dive we went out past HITW and around the corner a ways, the vis had dropped out there to 15 and sometimes 20, but still a very enjoyable dive.

I enjoyed looking at the new 3D model, great job!

It is always nice to introduce Point Lobos to a diver and have them exclaim, "That was one of my best dives ever!"

We did Flintstones off Phil Sammet's boat on Monday. Viz below about 40' was awesome -- consensus was 50+. Huge schools of blue rockfish and some kind of small fish (senorita?). Great topography. Top 40 feet or so was pretty murky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom