Monterey Pics 7-6-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto...nice work Larry!!!

Thanks Deefstes, Blesi, Steve, Jim, Sharky, RTW and Doug. Congrats Jim on your Sea Lion picture in CA Diving News. It looked great.

This makes me so sad that I didn't learn to dive when I lived there. I'm going to have to visit friends there someday. Great job on the pics!

Slight correction: Apparently I mis-ID'd the Juvenile with the Leather Star. I've been corrected that based on the spot on it's dorsal fin, it's a Canary Rockfish. I know you probably don't care, but even though I suck at ID's, I try to be accurate when possible.

Larry,
Its good to see you diving again. Your photos WOW...seem to get better every time you go out. Those are excellent nudibranch shots. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks Gary and Chad. Have you been getting your rig underwater, Gary? I tried something new with this set. I got sick of blurry supermacros in auto focus, and I haven't had any luck getting sharp focus while zooming so I set up my supermacro in manual focus and I just estimated the distance to subject and moved in or out half an inch until it looked right on the crappy little screen with my crappy old eyes. They didn't all come out, but the ones that did were worth the fuss, and the ones that didn't were still way better focus than the camera does from 2" in low light with particles moving in the surge.

Thanks Deefstes, Blesi, Steve, Jim, Sharky, RTW and Doug. Congrats Jim on your Sea Lion picture in CA Diving News. It looked great.

Thank you Larry!!

I was pleasantly shocked too see it in the CA-Diving news myself as It was a coincidence that I picked up that issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom