More than one Shearwater on the same desktop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone comment on what happens if we sync two computers to one laptop? I figure one of the following will happen:

2) Our logs will be irreparably mixed up
3) It'll ask if I want to add this second computer, then work flawlessly (kinda what I expect, being Shearwater and all)

The answer is really 2 and 3. The main issue with using the desktop with two computers is the sorting. Say you want to see all of computer #1 dives so you sort via computer name. That works but the dives will be out of order which is really annoying. This issue is well known.

If I just want to update her firmware, is that as simple as I expect?

Not simple in my house..I suggested this to my wife and she got all mean about it.
Said she was plenty firm.

I have a question along this line _ I dive with 2 seperate Perdix- one is a AI and 2nd is non-AI. Am a tech diver and Instructor so believe in redunacy on all equipment- will this appear as just perdix in log- or do I assign 1- Perdix 1 & other Perdix 2.

I have a question along this line _ I dive with 2 seperate Perdix- one is a AI and 2nd is non-AI. Am a tech diver and Instructor so believe in redunacy on all equipment- will this appear as just perdix in log- or do I assign 1- Perdix 1 & other Perdix 2.

I am not at my computer right now but if i remember correctly one of the columns has the serial number of the DC and you can also give each DC a name.

Don Samuel Rodriguez is correct. @pconsidine in post #2 of this thread I included a screenshot that shows two different computers often on the same dive. I named them differently for ease of identification. You can assign any name to each one of your two Perdixes.

Not specifically Shearwater related, but MacDive allows different user profiles in-app, as well as default having a group based on dive computer. For example, you could dive with a Perdix and a Predator, and each would sync under their own computer, so that if you only dive your Predator, and your wife only dives her Perdix, you would simply click on the icon for that computer and it would only display dives undertaken on that computer.

I like the additional features of MacDive, which is why I don't use Shearwater Desktop for logging, however I would think that different user profiles would be fairly easy to implement in Shearwaters apps, both phone and pc-based.

On my Imac I can do different users. Each user has their own apps/programs and signs in under their own screen name and password. Would this be a possible solution for you?

Alternatively update just before a trip and wait to download logs when you get home?

Ya we might do that... I need to take my Macbook Pro in for some service and leave it so we'll just do two users on hers...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom