Moronic idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loosebits

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
UV kills latex, sunscreen protects against UV, has anyone considered putting sunscreen on their seals? Anyone out there with a seal they're about to replace who wants to do a little controlled test (remove seal, cut in half, treat one half with sun screen, leave in sun)?

Just a thought.

Don't most sunscreens contain oils?

The sworn enemy of latex!

:wacko:

Dom

Now, I didn't realize that but I was almost positive that someone would point out something obviously wrong with the idea (hence the title of the thread).

Having said that everyone i know puts sun cream on hands, neck and face and their seals dont seem to break any faster than normal. Then again, that could be because its only on there for a short period before being removed either by sea water or fresh water hose pipe post dives.

I cant come up with a decent explanation but my gut instinct is bad idea :)

String once bubbled...
Having said that everyone i know puts sun cream on hands, neck and face and their seals dont seem to break any faster than normal. Then again, that could be because its only on there for a short period before being removed either by sea water or fresh water hose pipe post dives.

I cant come up with a decent explanation but my gut instinct is bad idea :)

My thought on this is that if you allow sufficient time for the cream to soak in, there shouldn't be a problem - or at least, that's what I hope! :D

Dom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom