Morrison Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've done it OW certified, but dont do anything you're not comfortable doing.

I think the rule is that you must be able to ascend straight up without bumping your head.... So no, don't go in the cavern unless you are cavern/cave certified. Morrison has killed more than it's fair share of divers over the years.

Hetland is right. Lot of divers have done it with OW certs including myself, but now I know better and have seen more than one person almost die there. You don't have to go into the cavern to have a good dive there. It seems like a very safe place until something goes wrong.

How many dives do you have, how comfortable are you in your gear? Stuff like that makes a difference... You also have to understand that Morrison's cavern is VERY different from other caverns. Just because one is a little more forgiving, doesn't mean the next one will be an easy dive.

Why not. Isn't that what Morrison is there for... OW divers to go and flop around in the silt? Well, in the busy season anyhow... :shakehead:

There is no such thing as an open water safe cavern. Specifically with Morrison, the entrance is on the small side and there's typically a lot of scuba divers there on the weekends, and even during the week sometimes. Have an issue and panic in the cavern and it will be difficult to get out, especially if you have several divers crowded around the entrance, which is pretty normal on an average day there. Get cavern trained and you'll not only not have to ask that question again, but you'll also open up a lot of great dive sites to yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom