Morrison Springs Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be surprised if it's done by Vortoberfest.

I sure hope it is. It would make a nice addition to local sites we could hit and enjoy.

What cha got against a one-armed/one-legged guy? I feel I must take offense to this statement. Are you saying handicapped people are "S_L_O_W"? What say you for real?

Michael

You werent at Pelham last Saturday, were ya?

For now, the new boat ramp, complete with paved parking, is downstream and is open 24 hours a day. The main entrance to the park has been reconfigured so that you can access the boat ramp road all hours of the day throughout the week.

The springs and park are CLOSED. No one is allowed in park/spring area.

So launch a boat from the ramp and dive the springs off the boat...

So launch a boat from the ramp and dive the springs off the boat...

That was my thought, but from what I read into the rply from the County official was that the park was still closed, and I'm not sure if that includes the boat ramp. Hell you don't need a boat to get to the spring it's less than 100 yds away. That's why I said can we swim to it.

the road into the park, and the new boat ramp road are both closed....

you can launch elsewhere, but you'd need something to help navigate you to the spring.

As for launching from the new boat ramp.... it's kinda pointless to launch a boat from there anyway, it's a short swim and within eyesight of the spring basin/pool

here is a reference pic from the county website. It's taken from the new Boat Ramp and is a view of the boardwalk in the basin/pool. so it's very close

RampToDock.jpg

I stopped by Morrisons today after a quick dip in Vortex. This time, I remembered my camera and took some photos to post. They pictures mostly speak for themselves, but I added some notes for reference.

Click on the smaller pictures to get a larger version.

Hopefully, the county will be able to get everything finished in time for Vortoberfest. It would be a shame for everyone who isn't local to miss out on diving this awesome spring. Love it or hate it, the changes have been made, but they only go from the water-line up!!!

Last edited:
Great Pics Grumby!

Did you by chance try and flush a toilet?
No, I didn't think to try the "facilities" to see if they had hooked everything up yet.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom