Morrisson quarry report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DS1

Contributor
Reaction score
Well this is for the Ottawa folks... The quarry now has a thin crust of ice that can be broken by hands so hopfully by next weekend it should be open water and the water temps at the suface is 41f so its much warmer than the river right now great time to do some skills

Under Michael:
Great place to practice skills for sure. Please keep us posted.

Too bad about the BS as the vis at Rockport is awesome. I think post # 87 in Unfriendliness at Rockport show the bylaw officers name and number http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=50626&page=4. Might be a good thing to have with you before visiting there.

It doesn't sound like everyone is having troubles there.

It sounds like a couple of people are and a LOT of people are talking about it. Ontario Scuba Drama at it's best.

Thinking of filming it and calling it "As the bubbles rise" or something.

I was wondering when the Quarry would free fup, thanks for the report.

Deeply in need of buoyancy work with the new drysuit...

DS1:
Well this is for the Ottawa folks... The quarry now has a thin crust of ice that can be broken by hands so hopfully by next weekend it should be open water and the water temps at the suface is 41f so its much warmer than the river right now great time to do some skills

Air_Miser:
I was wondering when the Quarry would free fup, thanks for the report.

Deeply in need of buoyancy work with the new drysuit...

Sounds like me, I gotta get back brushing up my skills.

Today was the best visibility I have ever seen at Morrison's Quarry. It was unbelievably. Ice is completely gone in the swimming area and over the plane and boat. Still there over the deep half.

What's the access like this time of year? Is it open evenings, weekends... phone ahead?

Curious, thanks in advance.

Matt.

DPVDiver:
Today was the best visibility I have ever seen at Morrison's Quarry. It was unbelievably. Ice is completely gone in the swimming area and over the plane and boat. Still there over the deep half.

Air_Miser:
What's the access like this time of year? Is it open evenings, weekends... phone ahead?

Curious, thanks in advance.

Matt.

She usually has the gate open during the day but there is no set times

Its open water all the way to the bridge and over the plane but there is still some ice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom