Mosquito Dive Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good Morning,

I have a Mosquito that was purchased in 2007. I was trying to download ALL of the dives I have done since then. I thought it recorded and stored up to 999 dives or 999 hours.

The memory has only stored the 38 dives since I replaced the battery in January of this year (38). In the memory menu there is a screen that appears to say "HI 5". That gives me the following info: MAX depth 139ft. / 217 hrs / 288 dives.

Is there any way to retrieve the info to the missing 250 dives? (please say yes)

Yoyo

Then why do they claim it holds 999 of either hours or dives?

doesn't make sense...:confused:

Then why do they claim it holds 999 of either hours or dives?

doesn't make sense...:confused:

They don't claim that.

From my Sunnto Vytec Manual pg 47
The memory will retain the last 36 hours of dive time. After that when new dives are added, the oldest dives are deleted.

It will keep a tally up to 999 but will only hold the complete information (depth, time, avg depth, temp etc) for the last 36 hours. Once you reach 999 it starts again at 0 for the next dive. Which is when you put it on ebay as 'never dived' :wink:

First off, thanks for the help and info Ste Wart. (I assume you don't work for Suunto)

I guess I got caught in the marketing "language" and did not fully read the manual. (pg 81/83) Keeps a HISTORY not a LOG of 999 / 999. :shakehead:

The only consolation I have now is that I know I have 288 computer dives (no way to remember the locations or details for that matter) and 147 "written" logged dives.

:Hm:, I hear Oceanic is making some nice computers these days...could be time for a change :sneaky:

yoyo

Yoyo,

Your mosquito showing 999 is an error within the circuitry of the computer. This is an non-repairable fault. I would highly recommend you to stop diving with this computer for safety reasons. The mosquito is not manufactured anymore, so there would be no replacement parts available. Also, what Stewart said is true the Suunto computers only hold a maximum of about 36 hours in the memory. After the maximum is reached the oldest dives will start falling off and replaced by new ones. The D4 was the predecessor to the Mosquito which is now the D4i. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Hi Chris,

Sorry you misunderstood. The computer doesn't show 999. The history shows 288 dives / 217 hrs. The literature I read stated 999 dives / hrs. I thought it held and logged that many dives so i never used the software to download and save them. The history is just a counter not a logger.

The issue in this case is the user...The computer itself still works great. (I should have more disciplined with my written dive log. I got lazy - "Log a dive, nah -its on the computer")

Thanks for the update on the replacement option.

yoyo

Yoyo,

Sorry, I did misunderstand what you said. Yes, in order to keep your dives on record you do have to download them regularly to the PC.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom