Most beautiful dive site : difficulty ratio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

I'm looking to plan out some vacation dives over the next few years. As most people know these trips aren't cheap. I'm also a beginner diver (AOW, but we all know that doesn't mean much).

What dive sites would you say have the best sites with the least difficulty?

i.e. Not super deep, no extremely strong currents, etc. No cave diving unless it's similar to the cenotes.

I'd say I prefer good animal life over pretty corals. Haven't done a wreck yet but honestly without penetration that don't really look all that exciting to me (of course I'm open to suggestions that might be awesome).

Have you considered diving in Egypt? There are some world-class and very colourful dive sites there, with plenty of options for new divers. It's a budget-friendly destination and you can be resort-based or join an Egypt liveaboard.

The main diving areas are:

- Sharm el Sheikh
- Hurghada
- Marsa Alam

Sharm el Sheikh has many dive sites you can access from shore or on a liveaboard and there are plenty of shallow dives with minimal currents.

Marsa Alam is a quieter destination known for its beautiful beaches and numerous sea turtles, plus the chance to see dugong (sea cows). It's an area that has great dives for beginners, so I'd suggest looking there as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom