Mounting a BTS twinset steel tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I look closely at the photo, it actually looks to be Photoshopped. Is this for real? It doesn't look like the valves are actually connected, and there would be no reason to have a setup like this. If this is really an item, would someone please post a link? You could do this a lot cheaper with 2 yoke tanks and a cheater bar.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

I think someone is royally screwing with all of you... That setup is not real. The manifold doesn't line up and the tank on the right is higher than the tank on left.

This has to be an April fools joke.

Troll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could I possibly be on the same side of this as Garth? Say it don't so!

Could I possibly be on the same side of this as Garth? Say it don't so!

We might both be wrong then but being the optimist that I am I assume we both could be right! :)

The whole website has photos of all kinds of tanks with contraptions that seem a little odd... Anyone buy from these?

I do not know if it photoshopped, it is the picture from the shop.
Doppel-Stahlflasche 8 Liter 232Bar Rohrbrücke - TEC-DIVESYSTEME

im not trying to "troll" anyone, I'm just seeking help.
So I have to buy one with tankbands.

but how about a twin valve 20l single steel tank instead of a twinsets. Any advantages/disadvantages?

I was out of line, I'm sorry dude. I apologize seriously. It is just a weird setup that is not common.

I think the advice to contact the shop and ask whether there is a manifold would be proper.

Best of luck to you,
Garth

One small advantage of a twinset over a large single relates to the use of boots. Boots are bad news for trapping salt water and corroding tanks. A twinset can stand up against a wall without boots. A single can not. Minor issue, but you did ask.

If those boots are what they look like they are notorious for trapping water / salts and promoting severe corroding. If they are fluted on the inside and relatively hard plastic I'm less concerned. You don't want some clinging rubbery thing of a boot.

As for mounting, what do they suggest/offer. Where it a novel set-up they must have this a part of a prescribed rig. Putting this rogue set-up on the market as a stand-alone is inconcievable to me.

As for isolation, for general use I wouldn't be bothered. If you like the price, it's no worse than a big single cylinder, looks cool and will be more stable. You can still isolate a fussy regulator and that's most of the bang for the buck with doubles. With conscientious maintenance (as opposed to rental fleet) failure of the tank o-ring is a remote risk. If the cylinder actually fails you have bigger problems. You may not want to use them in overhead situations on that remote chance but for extended open water bottom time knock yourself out.

Pete

What is twin 180° DIR valves?

what do you think is best to dive with, if you do not think on worst case scenarios with one of the tanks exploting etc. just a normal dive, what do you prefer?

---------- Post added June 21st, 2014 at 04:43 PM ----------

Just found a mount option for non DIR tanks
A P Valves Twin Sets
is this usable?
anyone with experience with these things?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom