Mounting more than 2 strobes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best is to dive with another photographer with similar gear, and use the power of 4 strobes the same time. UW photo workshops might be the best opportunity for that.

Thanks for the feedback. I had not thought about converting my divebuddy into a strobe mule. I believe some pre-dive training will be required? For both of us!

My initial thought was "more strobes on lower power will cycle faster". Hence my desire to figure out how to carry more myself on my rig.

The idea of having my divebuddy provide additional illumination is intriguing. Especially on night dives. I can already picture a backlight night dive effect for the anchor off the divi in Bonaire.

I think we will need to practice a few shots in the dining room before hand. "Strobe Sherpa" has a nice ring! Maybe I need to buy her the t-shirt? Any suggestions on appropriate hand signals?

Best is to dive with another photographer with similar gear, and use the power of 4 strobes the same time. UW photo workshops might be the best opportunity for that.

I was thinking about that too, just ask your photo buddy to set their strobes to slave mode and experiment away :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom