Mounting UK Light Cannon to Housing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdann

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Im planning on somehow making something to mount two UK Light Cannons to my Light & Motion Top Dawg Mini Housing. Has anyone bought or made a rig to attach the lights to the housing???

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :wink:

diverdann:
Im planning on somehow making something to mount two UK Light Cannons to my Light & Motion Top Dawg Mini Housing. Has anyone bought or made a rig to attach the lights to the housing???

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :wink:
Ultralight sells a base adapter to mount their arms to an L&M Stingray II/III. Looks like yours has the same handles. They also make an adapter to mount UK Light Cannons to their arms.

http://www.ulcs.com

I looked at their site, and the parts look pretty cool, but there was no link to prices. Im going to check out some of their dealers.

Has anyone tried the ultra light Arms??

diverdann:
I looked at their site, and the parts look pretty cool, but there was no link to prices. Im going to check out some of their dealers.

Has anyone tried the ultra light Arms??

No problems here with Ultra Light arms. I am using them with an Ikelite casing. Paid about US$180 for 12" arms with UK Cannon adapter and Ikelite adapter.

There was a previous post on this topic. You might try a search for it because I can't remember much about it. I did like the color rendition on some of the video shot with a Light Cannon by a friend of mine.

I'm planning on doing the same thing with my new Equinox housing. I had a L&M Sun Ray lamp completely flood on me after only about 25-30 uses, and I'm less than pleased that the company is being inhospitable about replacing an $800 light that crapped out after minimal bottom time and absolute extreme care.

I believe mounting those light cannons by UK is the smart way to go if you want HID (for less than the cost of a newborn child), so please let me know what you find out about pricing. I'm looking around as well.

Its been real difficult to talk to any dealers about the arms and adapters. I called two shopps today, one was unable to get me a price and the other put me on hold indefinetly.

I looked at some websites and it looks like it will total to $180.??

Can anyone recommend a good websiter or shop in California, or anywhere actually.

diverdann:
Its been real difficult to talk to any dealers about the arms and adapters. I called two shopps today, one was unable to get me a price and the other put me on hold indefinetly.

I looked at some websites and it looks like it will total to $180.??

Can anyone recommend a good websiter or shop in California, or anywhere actually.

I bought some awhile back - I think it was through Backscatter in No.Cal. You might also want to try www.h2ophotopros.com or Hollywood Divers. If you don't mind a drive to Costa Mesa - I'm sure Liburdi's could hook you up.

I've had good results through Backscatter for other items. But I've usually just e-mailed them. Bit of a drive though - they're in Monterey.

Thanks for the tips fellas.

I just emailed 5 different shops. I will keep you guys posted on this issue. I need to get these things before the trip to COZ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom