Moving back to SD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DTB1981

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well my time in the military is coming to an end. I will be back home to SoCal in the next three months, Oceanside to be exact. The only problem is I only became a diver after I was stationed here on Okinawa. So I would like to find some buddy’s in that area. Someone to show me the local dive sites and best shops to go to. .

I dive a backplate and wing with a long hose. I do both singles and doubles. I have been diving a year now and have a 120 dives. I am a NAUI master diver, and hope to be an instructor before I leave.

Derrick

DTB1981:
Well my time in the military is coming to an end. I will be back home to SoCal in the next three months, Oceanside to be exact. The only problem is I only became a diver after I was stationed here on Okinawa. So I would like to find some buddy’s in that area. Someone to show me the local dive sites and best shops to go to. .

I dive a backplate and wing with a long hose. I do both singles and doubles. I have been diving a year now and have a 120 dives. I am a NAUI master diver, and hope to be an instructor before I leave.

Derrick

Hi Derrick, I live next door to Oceanside in Vista. PM me as soon as you're in town, we'll dive and I'll give you the rundown on sites and shops. :D

John

DTB1981:
Well my time in the military is coming to an end. I will be back home to SoCal in the next three months, Oceanside to be exact. The only problem is I only became a diver after I was stationed here on Okinawa. So I would like to find some buddy’s in that area. Someone to show me the local dive sites and best shops to go to.

Just let us know when you're back... lot's of SoCal'ers around here... :)

Lots of active divers in that area, and many hang out on this board and over on ScubaPost.net. Just give a holler when you arrive, and you'll have ample opportunities to get wet with experienced locals. :)

CompuDude:
Lots of active divers in that area, and many hang out on this board and over on ScubaPost.net. Just give a holler when you arrive, and you'll have ample opportunities to get wet with experienced locals. :)

I am looking foward to it. Is there much shore diving there. This is 95% of what is done here.

USMC military police here, what base are you stationed at? A lot of shore diving in laguna and further south into san diego. There are some awesome boat dives to catalina island. Nothing over here compares to okinawa though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom