Moving to Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeepman3sk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm moving to Boston in a few weeks and I'm going to need to meet some guys/girls to dive with this summer. Anyone interested? :D

Hey Jeep.... I'll be south of you......Get your Ma. Lobster permit....Lots fun catching bugs....Eating them is fun too....If you like fresh fish Get a pole spear while your at it.

By all means, give me a holler, too. I'll be glad to dive with you. That'll be good motivation for me to get back into it....

Dave C

I plan on getting my lobster license, I had alot of fun diving for them when I was here for a few summers. I'll see who is around when I get here. How early in the season do you gets start getting out?

Hey dave, I had a good time diving with you. I will be around for a few more weeks however so we can jump into that new place of yours.

Season starts Jan 1st and ends Dec31st. Time to get some use out of your DS cert! DUI Dog Days is May 5th and 6th at Stagefort Park in Gloucester, good time to meet some folks. Also, come on by to a meeting at the NE Aquarium dive club.

Give me a shout! I'm always looking to dive!

There are numerous clubs in the area and most, if not all go diving on the weekends. Depending on where you are we can recomend a shop or club.

I know that some folks mentioned lobster, while I love going for bugs I'd also recomend going on a scallop charter. Both Fran Marcoux (Daybreaker/Cape Ann Charters) and Boston Scuba run great scallop charters.

Welcome to the area. There are plenty of opportunities to dive out here - from shore dives to deep technical wrecks . Many of the shore dives are within 30 minutes drive time from Downtown Boston out on the north shore and there are a number of charters running in the area for both Tech and Rec. There are several active local dive groups too.

DAve did you go diving ???

one more week and I will be in town! Anyone want to dive the weekend after (2nd weekend in April)? I can do dry or wet you pick how you want it :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom