Moving to MO and just got certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ponjo

Registered
Reaction score
Hey i'm moving to Silex,MO end of Sept. I just got my OW cert and going for the AOW cert next.

So how is diving in the midwest?
Does everyone who dive in the midwest own a drysuit? Just curious.

Welcome to 7mm country Ponjo! Where the heck is Silex? Are you runnin' from Hurricanes? 'Cause we got twisters here. Thanks for introducing yourself!

What part of MO is Silex? Lots of diving, it aint tropical, but it aint boring! I moved up from New Port Richey, Florida several years ago, it took me a long time to get used to the cooler waters, but dry is where its at!

Welcome to SB and to diving.........Its addictive (both)

Welcome, Ponjo!

A drysuit is only required in MO if you plan to dive through the winter. That's not to say it isn't very much appreciated the rest of the year, especially if you like to dive deep. I just spent last weekend on Table Rock Lake diving a 3 mm full suit with hooded vest (including deep dives). But then I went out today to dive in spring-fed lake in the dry suit.

We have a wonderful variety of lakes, quarries, rivers, and mines to dive here in MO. Enjoy!!

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom