Moving to New Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well after a few delays I finally made it to NJ.
I'm in Rutherford now and have all my gear with me. Any diving this weekend??? :D

Nothing this weekend on Gypsy Blood, but check our schedule below. Our first open boat is May 10th, and then plenty of dates through November!

Hope to see you out on "Lake Atlantic" this year.

Ray

Well after a few delays I finally made it to NJ.
I'm in Rutherford now and have all my gear with me. Any diving this weekend??? :D
Copied from another post: Check out Dina Dee in Barnegat Light. www.dinedee.com There are no friendlier boat operators in NJ than George and Roger. If you go with them and get skunked George will give you some of his catch! Their website schedule shows who's booking with them and how to contact the various shops and clubs to sign up.
AND, they go out EVERY weekend, and sometimes during the week.
Sorry about the untimely reply; I just saw your "this weekend" post a few minutes ago.

Hehe, lakeatlantic indeed. It's funny but the Gypsy Blood was one of the charters I looked into before moving down and thought they looked like a really good op, good to see the reviews from the locals are positive. Next weekend eh, they all booked up being the first run of the season?

Nothing this weekend on Gypsy Blood, but check our schedule below. Our first open boat is May 10th, and then plenty of dates through November!

Hope to see you out on "Lake Atlantic" this year.

Ray

Hey no worries, the more charter options the better. I'm here for a year at least so I hope to do as much diving as possible.

Copied from another post: Check out Dina Dee in Barnegat Light. www.dinedee.com There are no friendlier boat operators in NJ than George and Roger. If you go with them and get skunked George will give you some of his catch! Their website schedule shows who's booking with them and how to contact the various shops and clubs to sign up.
Sorry about the untimely reply; I just saw your "this weekend" post a few minutes ago.

If the Gypsy Blood is booked May 10th and ya want to go diving we have the Dina Dee booked for the 10th in the afternoon. Its listed as a student boat through Aqua-Tech but if you PM me I can most likely get you on the boat. I am the Senior Instructor at the shop and as long as it isn't booked with students it won't be a problem. As it stands now it really won't be a problem. You must PM me first. Don't call the shop or they will just tell you its a student boat and you can't get on.

The other sweet thing is that it is an afternoon dive. No getting up at 4 AM to go diving. I will have some advanced, masterdiver and DM students on the boat so it is not like you would have to put up with a boat load of newbies.

Holy crap that's a load of charters ops all only an hour away. I'm intrigued by the bug hunting, fresh lobster sounds like a nice way to end a dive. All I get back home are crayfish :11doh:

New Jersey & Long Island New York Scuba Diver

Hey Fiend. I don't know if you've checked this site out, but it has a bunch of good Jersey info. In the 'directory' you'll find a list of boats and shops all over the place. Happy hunting.

PM on the way :D

If the Gypsy Blood is booked May 10th and ya want to go diving we have the Dina Dee booked for the 10th in the afternoon. Its listed as a student boat through Aqua-Tech but if you PM me I can most likely get you on the boat. I am the Senior Instructor at the shop and as long as it isn't booked with students it won't be a problem. As it stands now it really won't be a problem. You must PM me first. Don't call the shop or they will just tell you its a student boat and you can't get on.

The other sweet thing is that it is an afternoon dive. No getting up at 4 AM to go diving. I will have some advanced, masterdiver and DM students on the boat so it is not like you would have to put up with a boat load of newbies.

You'll love the Gypsy Blood. I dove with them a few time last year for the first time and they were first rate all the way.

Where in Rutherford are you? I grew up in Rutherford and moved here to PT. Pleasant about 7 years ago. Now I have a nice 5 minute commute for the dive boats!

A little off topic, but get someone in the area to give you directions to Rutt's Hut in Clifton. Best hot dogs you'll ever eat in your life. Make sure you order a "ripper"

Good luck on your Jersey diving. You're going to love it!

We live in Mays Landing NJ, about 15 miles west of Atlantic City. We dive the Jersey wrecks with East Coast Diving Supply. Going to Dutch Springs weekend of June 21st to get some more hours on our Dry Suits. let us know if you need any contacts in South Jersey!
Rob and Edie (46th SFCA)

Back
Top Bottom