MRTdiver's Dive Light Give Away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have a Winner!

:confused: and who's our winner?...

Random pick.jpg
#44 was chosen. It's TC - a moderator :dance3:

I'll PM him to see what options he wants. Thanks to all for playing.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I'm green with envy. Or maybe that's just the lighting...

Awesome, thanks!

trying to sort out the options, most of my diving is at Catalina so the vis is normally in the 20 to 40 foot range. I can use a narrow beam, mostly use it for looking under rocks and into crevices for the life hiding in there. Occasionally for night dives and wrecks. Penetration is important..

I'm guessing that xp-g2 would offer a good balance between battery life and penetration? If so that would work well. For batteries the AA's would be my first choice.

Thanks again, looking forward to trying it out!

Tom

ok Tom,

I have one built if you would like it...

> single mode

> XP-G2 - it has a smooth reflector i.e. no dimples or what we call an "orange peel" reflector. This improves throw a little more.

> 1.7A (amps) - I didn't do a run time test. I would have to stay up quite a while to do that. But since it's not really driven hard it should give you runtimes that you'll be pleased with.

> Alkaline or rechargeable Ni-MH - you can use either.

I really like the throw, as you say the vis isn't that good where you're at.

just PM me your address if you want this.

Or we could build...

> LED: Cree XM-L2 de-domed
> Driver: 2.8A single mode

this would also work well with where your at. A dedomed LED improves throw.

Dang I just read your post and it's the 23rd … do you plan to build anymore? … I'd love to give it a test up here in one of our local MD/PA quarries … Off down to Belize in a few months too if you are looking for a comparative review.

Dang I just read your post and it's the 23rd … do you plan to build anymore? … I'd love to give it a test up here in one of our local MD/PA quarries … Off down to Belize in a few months too if you are looking for a comparative review.

no, not looking for any reviews - I made this clear in the Questions and Answers portion (post 1). So there's no obligations on the part of the winner.

**I am inclined to do this for england333 being that this is your first post here on SB and it looks like your a newer diver.**

If I did, it would only be with the LEDs and parts I have on hand... which is a pretty good stock anyways. And this means it would get done a lot faster.

What do the rest of the guys think? Those of you who were in the drawing, are you OK with this?
Is there going to be an uproar? That's really what I'm concerned about (my life) :D

Last edited:
no, not looking for any reviews - I made this clear in the Questions and Answers portion (post 1). So there's no obligations on the part of the winner.

**I am inclined to do this for england333 being that this is your first post here on SB and it looks like your a newer diver.**

If I did it would be only with the LEDs and parts I have on hand... which is a pretty good stock anyways. And this means it would get done a lot faster.

What do the rest of the guys think? Those of you who were in the drawing are you OK with this?
Is there going to be an uproar? That's really what I'm considered about (my life) :D

It's your party and your rules. You should do what you wish. . .

(since I'm so supportive, how about putting me behind england333 :D :D :D

What do the rest of the guys think? Those of you who were in the drawing, are you OK with this?
Is there going to be an uproar? That's really what I'm concerned about (my life) :D

I think it's a free country and you may do as you wish. (And am d#@^ed glad that's so.)

If I did, it would only be with the LEDs and parts I have on hand... which is a pretty good stock anyways. And this means it would get done a lot faster.

why not! generosity is always great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom