MSDT prep NOW WHAT??? Help me OBIWAN!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Minnick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Please share your opinion based on your experience as to what the most effective course of action can be for a diver that just gets done with MSDT prep( aka needs to complete the 25 certs.) I will be finished and ready for the next step in July 2015 so I am just trying to be prepared mentally and logistically. My main goal is to become established in a area and operation I can call home for a while and really become an expert in the local dive environment to truely offer professional level DM and instructor services to the customers and students that visit that area(open to any area that has dive related tourism, closer to US is a plus). I am willing to do what ever it takes to build my base of experience and knowledge until I find that long term fit (any where in the world). I know it all depends on the person what is best but in general I have never failed at anything I have decided to do, I have been a diver for 7 years but only have about 130 dives, I have several specialty courses completed, I am 39 and have no problems in regards to finances and the lack there of while starting out in this industry. I have an extensive back ground in management, sales and maintenance( although not in the dive industry)

I am just really hoping to soak up some opinions good, bad or ugly so please let the info rip, I have thick skin as well so please be honest.

Teach teach teach and dive dive dive. Nothing beats experience - having MSDT without a large diverse student base won't help much marketing yourself.... Demonstrated Ability to teach an array of courses will...

....and bringing that dive experience to the courses to provide value to the Students.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom