Mt. Storm Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The conditions sound good for Storm- how was the 89' and the valley? We will be up there in November (NC wreck diving for now)
-J

Lots of people out today but conditions mirrored what I reported for Sat. Met emcbride81 and Glock Diver, super nice guys, they were tailgaiting and eating hot dogs. Had a great set up there.

Our group did not go to the 90' platform Jay but em and GD did. I think they said they would post here and I'm sure they will give you the info for that dive.

We may end up there again on the 13-14 Oct weekend but plans have not been finalized. We'll keep you all posted. We would love to meet another group of scubaboarders.

Hey hey! Good meeting you guys today WV&Clear Blue! Hopefully we can hook up again sometime...been wanting to hit Summersville! We'll bring the grill! :)

The 90ft platform was dark...I could see my hand extended, barely. Then we kicked up silt and that was it. We decided not to tool around there and we swam back to 50.

Luckily no Grant county deputies out today...we tied our surface flag on the 50ft to go down to 90 (I dont have a reel, just 50 feet of rope!) and when we got back the current had somehow gotten it untied and took it away...it was in the northwest corner in the rocks...so needless to say we did not surface anywhere in the vicinity of it!

Great meeting you guys today. The pics are great! Thanks for sharing them with us. Hopefully we'll meet up again. Have you ever been to Summersville Lake? We do it during the summer but it's getting pretty chilly now.

Yeah Eric. great pics thanks for sharing.

My pleasure! Maybe we can hook up again at Mt Storm soon. I will definitley try to get to Summersville...I wanted to go in May, but my plans got canceled. I have yet to get there.

Good times at Mt. Storm last weekend! ...always good to meet a couple of fellow Scubaboarders. It was my first time diving the lake, and I must say I was impressed with the 85 degree water. I could just close my eyes and pretend I'm in the Caribbean! :)

The best part about the diving was that I only needed 6 lbs with no wetsuit! Wow, was that a treat.

If anyone is looking to stay overnight in the area prior to or after their dives, I recommend the place we camped- Abrams Creek campground. Low prices, nice campsites, and it was pretty uncrowded on Saturday night.

Would definitely like to see some other fresh water dive sites, and I'll make sure Eric gets HIS turn at the grill this time!!

If anyone is looking to stay overnight in the area prior to or after their dives, I recommend the place we camped- Abrams Creek campground. Low prices, nice campsites, and it was pretty uncrowded on Saturday night.
Great to know. Thanks.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom