Mt. Storm March 18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you booked your flight yet? Just wondering if they have any special fares anytime during the year? I am just trying to kinda get an idea what the total cost will be for everything. I guess I will send a note to Natasha, she can surely give me a good feel for what to expect. Hope it works out.

Oh yeah, drysuits are in. Going to Morgantown tonight to get them and get certified in using them. Should be cool, but I really don't think I'll end up using it often. We'll see.
Later
Chad

Chad,
I have not booked my flight yet. Natasha recommended that I wait until after Easter. I guess there might be sales then, she is a travel agent so I think she knows what she is talking about. The $799 is pretty much all inclusive, except for meals. She said breakfast is ~$75 for the whole week, not bad. There are full kitchens in the suites so I intend on cooking lunch for myself. Maybe I will go out for dinner a few nights to get seafood, but I am a great cook (went to culinary school) and would be just as happy to sit on the balcony drink a couple of Red Stripe. I bet it would be possible to get some local fish to cook ourselves. For me, the focus of this trip is getting lots of time in the water, not spending money. If that makes you feel any better.

Where did you get them in Morgantown? Is there a dive outfitter there? I heard there might be, just have not checked it out yet.

Hey, thanks for the lead on the Balt. Aqu. vol. thing! I submitted my application today.

Later,
Danni

I guess we won't be seeing you in the great dry suit debate threads? Everyone look for one heck of a nice dry suit, for sale on ebay soon!!!

dannidiver:
Chad,
I have not booked my flight yet. Natasha recommended that I wait until after Easter. I guess there might be sales then, she is a travel agent so I think she knows what she is talking about. The $799 is pretty much all inclusive, except for meals. She said breakfast is ~$75 for the whole week, not bad. There are full kitchens in the suites so I intend on cooking lunch for myself. Maybe I will go out for dinner a few nights to get seafood, but I am a great cook (went to culinary school) and would be just as happy to sit on the balcony drink a couple of Red Stripe. I bet it would be possible to get some local fish to cook ourselves. For me, the focus of this trip is getting lots of time in the water, not spending money. If that makes you feel any better.

Where did you get them in Morgantown? Is there a dive outfitter there? I heard there might be, just have not checked it out yet.

Hey, thanks for the lead on the Balt. Aqu. vol. thing! I submitted my application today.

Later,
Danni

Culinary school? Me too. Where did you go? I went the International Culinary Academy in Pittsburgh. I was thinking the same thing, make my own lunch and some dinner, but you gotta check out some of the local flavor too. Trust me, I am definately NOT trying to spend a bunch of money.lol

There was a shop in Morgantown, but they have closed. They are still teaching courses and can still get anything you want, they just don't have a store. I think they are thinking of re-opening though. The place is called Interstate Aquatics and the women I have done my training with is Mel. I can get you a number if your interested.

BTW, I hate the drysuit. Maybe just need to get used to it, but my first impression is that it sucks. Not the one I got, just drysuits in general. Like I said, if I get more time in the water, maybe I'll change my mind.

Hopefully I will get to drink a few Red Strips with ya, if you want the company.

And great news on the application. I'm jealous!!! I can only imagine how awsome it would be to dive with all that wild life and actually get to feed and interact with them. Good luck on the process. I have heard it is kinda tough, but not if you know what your doing. Being an asst. instructor, I'd say you def. know your *****.

Well, I think I am going to drop a line to Natasha and see whats up with the trip. Talk to you later.
Chad

JButla:
I guess we won't be seeing you in the great dry suit debate threads? Everyone look for one heck of a nice dry suit, for sale on ebay soon!!!

Thats awesome bro, you just missed me. You post wasn't up when I wrote my last reply. Yup, I made sure I voiced my opinion on the drysuit. If you can't do it in a 7 mil wetsuit, you shouldn't be doing it in the first place!

ROFL! Oh man. Are you over on the drysuit threads trashing them? LOL!

Why is your Coop timer set so high? Mine would be counting down from like 12 hours, not days.

Hey, shouldn't you be in bed? Don't you have bi tc h work to do in the morning?

Ok, ok. . . .
What is "Killing Coop"?

Do you guys work/dive together. . . Kind of getting that impression. BTW, NECI in VT is where I went.

Yeah, we work and dive together. Coop is the other guy we work with. He is sorta our boss, but not really, but we kinda let him think he is, hard to explain. Anyways this dude is freaking nuts. He has a severe god complex and the funny thing is he pretty much sucks at his job. He has been acting like a real prick lately and things are finally coming to a head. So, in a nutshell, we hate Coop, thus the Killing Coop count down. You really have to experience Coop to have a real understanding. There just are no words that can paint a picture clear enough to allow us to express our pain to someboby that does not know him. lol

What is NECI? New England Culinary Institute? Did you enjoy it? When did you go? Why are you not in the field? That is the question I get all the time. That or when I tell someone that I went to CS, they almost always respond, "So you can probably cook pretty good, huh?" Well yeah dumbas s, I just told you I went to culinary school. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom