Mt. Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone been to Mt. Storm lately? Does anyone have the lastest water temps and Vis? I need to get back in the water.

It's only been 9 days for me and I'm ready too!!! Keep me updated on what you find out.

As of the 7th, you could not get into the parking lot. Well, not totally accurate. You could get part way into the lot, but not near the water.

As of the 7th, you could not get into the parking lot. Well, not totally accurate. You could get part way into the lot, but not near the water.

Because of snow??? I was thinking of driving up tomorrow to check it out, but not now!!! Thanks Wolf

He just has the wrong vehicle!

Come with me, I have 4-ton 4x4, we'll park right on the water's edge.

I'm itching to get back in the water, what's the latest? Anyone gonna be there this weekend? We finally got my girlfriend a dry suit, we gotta test it out.

One of my colleagues did three dives on 19 Mar. Here is the report I received. Water temperature at the surface 52*F and 48*F at the 25' platform. Visibility near the surface about 10' and decreasing to about 2' at 25'.

I was at Mount Storm Lake on Easter. Unfortunately, I discovered that my cuff had developed a pretty big leak over the winter and I had to abort the dive after just a couple of minutes. Couldn't get it fixed.

However, there was another diver there who reported the water temp was 60 degrees at the surface and 55 degrees down deep.

I was there on Good Friday. Had the scooter in the water. temp readings are correct. Vis sucked but still had blast. Dive time 1hr 17 minutes, max depth 72 feet and I saw more of the lake in that time than in 25 dives! And was not tired at all. Scooters rock!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom