Multi-Day Boats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove Santa Cruz Island for a few days with Truth Aquatics in Santa Barbara.

Sand Dollar, Peace and Horizon all do a lot of multi-days. I would recommend them.

Setting off on a 3-dayer with Truth Aquatics tomorrow night :)

For multi-day trips, I would highly recommend Peace. IMO they have the most comfortable bunks, the best crew, a fantastic and skilled captain, and (maybe most important :wink:) the BEST FOOD! Hey, if you're going to be on a boat for several days, you might as well eat well, right?

They also have that awesome hot tub, which is a godsend on those chilly afternoons after diving all day in cold water.

Everyone I know who has done multi-day trips on Peace has come back raving about them.

Great, thanks for the info! Is there a "best time" to dive the islands?

I strongly recommend the Truth Aquatics boats. Emphasis on strongly over the other live-aboard mentioned.

I'd add the Great Escape for a two-day trip, particularly if you can get into one of the six staterooms, they are much better for sleeping than just the bunks with curtains. I say two-day just cause I'm not so sure I'd want to spend three or more days on it, partly because the food is always okay, but not usually great. I've never dived the Truth Aquatics boats but toured them at the Scuba Show. They seemed very well setup for multi-day trips, real showers for instance. But no question about it the best food is on the Peace, and everything else about that boat and crew is top notch also.

I didn't even notice the showers on Truth's boat until I was clearing my stuff out after the trip. My girlfriend comes out all shampooed and stuff. That was my only liveaboard experience, and I guess my expectations were a bit low. I was shocked to find flushing toilets onboard (I was expecting a head), and the food was unbelievable.

I didn't even notice the showers on Truth's boat until I was clearing my stuff out after the trip. My girlfriend comes out all shampooed and stuff. That was my only liveaboard experience, and I guess my expectations were a bit low. I was shocked to find flushing toilets onboard (I was expecting a head), and the food was unbelievable.

If it means something to you the Great Escape also has regular flushing toilets. They probably do help people get in and out a little faster than a marine head.

I never ventured way up to Santa Barbara to avail myself with the Truth boats.

My favorite is the Peace because it has Nitrox AND Joe the galley cook. The hot tub is a nice bonus. When you go on a multi-days trip, usually the boats would try to find some sweet dive spots that are a lot deeper than 30-ft. Do three 60-ft + dives and your nitrogen loading starts to get a wee bit high, and that's where Nitrox comes in.

The Horizon in San Diego is a great boat. Large (the size of the Great Escape), new, Nitrox. Alas, the food isn't the quality of the Peace and no hot tub.

I like the Great Escape but only did a couple of multi-days trips with it. Lots of room, good food (not the caliber of the Peace) but no Nitrox. But I get a long great with the Great Escape's crew and really enjoy their companies. The Peace's crew is awesome too but I don't spend enough time with them to develope a true rapport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom