Muskoka Diving Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JJ1

Contributor
Reaction score
Muskoka Diving Accident

Lake Muskoka - NW end of Keewaydin Island (wreck of Waone)

Female transported to South Muskoka Hospital VSA.

Anyone have more details on this one? Happened around 3pm EST. Saturday-25-Sept.

Victim and her husband were diving together off their boat on Saturday afternoon. A charter boat from Scuba Shack in Gravenhurst arrived about 5 mins after the couple had gone in the water. The husband surfaced and said he could not find his wife. The dive team aboard the charter boat quickly suited up and jumped in to search for her. They found her 35 mins later on the bottom. The Milford Bay Fire Dept and a paramedic crew arrived by boat and transported the victim back to shore and into an ambulance. The husband followed in his own boat and was taken to hospital by the OPP. The OPP officer came back a few minutes later and picked up all of the dive gear as part of the investigation. The victim was pronounced dead at hospital, but those that saw her said she was dead when they brought her to surface.
Our condolences go out to her husband and family.
The praise and respect should go out to the team of divers that jumped right in and did all they could to find this woman.

Thanks for the info. Most sad. I will check for more details. I was on the Waome three weeks ago, and like every time I dive this wreck, I was struck by the feeling that the Waome feels like it's a lot deeper and a lot more dangerous than her 68' depth would suggest. Maybe it's the dark, maybe it's the cold, I don't know.
My most sincere condolences as well.....

Thanks for the info Carguy. It sure sucks when ya hear calls like that one go out. :(

condolences to her family, kinda crazy i dove the waome last weekend

Very sad ....and yes Carguy.... praise and respect should go out to the team of divers that jumped right in and did all they could to find this woman.

Back
Top Bottom