My dad passed away on 9/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ellen,

My thoughts and preayers are with you and your family. I lost my dad last November so I can understand what you're going thru. I'm glad his was quick and painless. Only wish we could all go that quick!! Tough times are ahead, but keep your head and and think happy thoughts. Email me if you need a friend.

--Heather.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad 7 years ago and I still cry or smile when I think about him depending on the thought. When someone impacts your life in such a large way, even long after they are gone that impact remains and continues to play a role in your life. It sounds like you had a great Dad and that he isn't the sort to be forgotten by those who knew him.

I will keep you and your family in my thought and prayers.

Beautifully written Fairy, simply beautiful. My Dad died suddenly Oct 13, 2003 and your story brought back a lot of feelings and memories. Hold on to those good memories of your dad, they will get you through the rough times. BIG HUG! to you.
Ber

Having lost both parents, although years ago, reading your post reminded me of both the tears and the laughter that those times can bring. It is comforting to know that a loved one was loved by many.
Keeping a good thought out for you and yours.

Mike

What a beautiful tribute to your father. I'm sure he would have loved reading that. He was lucky to have a daughter who loves him as much as you do and you are lucky to have such wonderful memories. My dad turned 84 this year and I just dread the day. :hugs:

May your wonderful memories ease your pain. Very sorry to hear of your loss. Many hugs to you! You'll be in my prayers.

Ah Fairy.....Nothing I can say will help your pain at this time. I lost both my parents, my dad in 1990, Mom in 1993. (I always thought she just gave up to be back with my dad). As the years have passed the pain does just ease a little, never gone, just eaiser...Now I remember the fun and loving things. Stand tall girlfriend, your dad would expect it....Now call your Mom, it will make you feel better...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom