My dive tally has toggled!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoomi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I logged dive number 50 last night, with the Pelagic Magic dive out of Kona. I hadn't specifically planned on that one being the fiftieth, but it turned into an awesome dive for the next milestone number in my dive history.

Dives 51 - 54 planned for this weekend. It's being a great vacation so far.

I logged dive number 50 last night, with the Pelagic Magic dive out of Kona. I hadn't specifically planned on that one being the fiftieth, but it turned into an awesome dive for the next milestone number in my dive history.

Dives 51 - 54 planned for this weekend. It's being a great vacation so far.

Awesome! Congrats! I'm almost half way there!!!

Congratulations - keep safe. P

Congrats, keep on diving

Then, DivemasterD you have a problem as youre atleast 10x as snobby. What does that make you?

Uups, come to think of it, rocks and glass houses..

Well, staying safe and continuing to dive are both on the "to do" list, and the second tends to happen better when the first is performed. We're more likely to have the ability to keep diving, if we stay safe. :)

Dive # 54 is now done, which is just a bit sad, since today was our last day of diving on Kona. We fly out on Tuesday, so our plans for Monday are to drive up to Botanical World on the other side of the island, where I have a 2 hour Zip Line tour, and my wife has the Segway tour (she has a phobia of heights, so no desire whatsoever for a zip-line ride). We could have squeezed in a single shore dive tomorrow morning, but since most of the boat dives tend to have the second dive less than 24 hours before our flight takes off, we decided to go with something else touristy instead.

Yeah, I know there's a lot of debate over whether to allow 24 hours between diving and flying, or if less time is still fine. I'm not out to open that debate. Whatever the science, we figured to err to the side of caution, and have fun with another activity our last full day on Hawaii. We've enjoyed eight great dives while here, and that'll hold us for a few weeks until our camping trip to Mexico for some more diving. :)

Congratulations on #50. Mine was in Destin, FL. at the good old "Thumb" jetty for those who are familiar. And good call on leaving 24 hours before flying. Don't care what the books say about 12, 18, 24 depending, I would always leave 24 (of course, I'm old and thus probably more prone to any DCS problems). There are other things to do on the last day. Buy a souvenier fridge magnet and a mug.

Congratulations on #50. Mine was in Destin, FL. at the good old "Thumb" jetty for those who are familiar. And good call on leaving 24 hours before flying. Don't care what the books say about 12, 18, 24 depending, I would always leave 24 (of course, I'm old and thus probably more prone to any DCS problems). There are other things to do on the last day. Buy a souvenier fridge magnet and a mug.

That is when I figure I can let the alcohol follow a bit more! Good day to enjoy land.

Congrats on your dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom