My First 5060 Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacoop

Reaction score
Well I finally got my 5060/PT-020 wet today and everything worked great, except the photographer. Since these were the first pics I have ever taken underwater some of the photos leave something to be desired, though the great thing with digital you get instant satisfaction (not to mention you are only limited to you memory card on the # of pics you take. I took 94 in one hour). I played with the different modes but I got my best pics in Shutter with a shutter speed of 160.

I've posted a few of my better photos in my gallery, please take a look and let me know what I can do better.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/30355

Thanks,
Coop

mad:
I like them but I think you can go closer to fishes...
these are my very first pictures with the same camera:
http://www.daturi.com/foto_marsa_alam_eng.htm

Ciao, Marco

Marco,

Thanks for the tip... By the way your pictures look great, question did you use the Macro mode for most of your pictures. I took most of the one I took in Macro came out blurry. I need to practice keeping my subject on target.

Ciao, Coop

Getting close isn't always possible, feel free to crop your photos. I'm not so sure on the 5060, how many different macro modes does it have? You can try pressing the release button halfway down and then move your camera forwards and backwards a bit until the picture is in focus. This will help you to get an idea of what the distance is. With time it will become 2nd nature. Good luck!
Lisa

Very good start.
Always difficult to get close to fish. Could try to approach fish under lower angle to get more intimate.

Better than my first shots. I just started 2 months ago using C5060 as well.

I found my fish pics come out much better using a faster speed. That is, less blured from movement. Nice first dive! It just keeps getting better with each try. Learn to use the WB, it makes a huge diff in the light levels of things.

Wildcard:
I found my fish pics come out much better using a faster speed. That is, less blured from movement. Nice first dive! It just keeps getting better with each try. Learn to use the WB, it makes a huge diff in the light levels of things.

Wildcard,

I noticed my photos improved when I increased the shutter speed... I didn't even think of playing with the WB, will give it a try...

Thanks For The Advice,

Coop

My first pictures were very similar to these: shooting from above the subject. It's easier to take pictures this way but the ones where the camera is at the same level / depth as the subject end up looking better.

Reef fish are very difficult to shoot in macro mode because as soon as you get close enough to focus in macro mode, the subject is long gone. So you'll probably mostly be shooting in regular / non-macro mode. You could get a little closer but this takes a large amount of practice (and flawless buoyancy control). The next thing I would work on is shooting at the same depth / level as the subject. The ability to get closer will come with experience. And some fish are easier to approach than others.

Very nice first pictures, though. Congratulations!

Once again thank you for all your help... I guess the bottom line is I need to keep taking pictures.... Practice... Practice ... Practice

Which I will definately ENJOY!!!

Coop

Back
Top Bottom