My First Cave Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing those first experiences and welcome to the dark side:D

The calling is amazing isn't it

Sounds like Nick ran a great course and gave you some excellent advice.

Dive save and dive often

Cheers

Steve

Excellent report! Try to spend as much time diving the doubles as you can before you go back in June. Familiarity with the gear is very important, as you found out!

Sounds like Nick did a nice job with you guys.

Best of luck!

Congratulations!

Yes. I said the same thing and have had to eat my words. I'm hooked as well.

By the way, there are many caves closer to us in Missouri. :wink:

Read all you can on the subject. Practice a lot. Dive smart. You have the opportunity to enjoy something that few get to see.

jeepchick:
It's amazing how the one thing I said I would NEVER do as a diver, is the one thing I can hardly wait to go back and do!

That sounds familiar!

Welcome to the darkside...and congratulations!

That was a top notch report, by the way. I agree with the comments made earlier about practicing with your doubles and cave gear before heading down for more training. In fact, the best thing is to treat every dive from now on as if it were an overhead environment dive, using a reel, doing a tie off (if possible) sticking with the frog kick...you get the idea.

Again, congrats.

Jeff

Be nice. It's not easy being the turtle! :)

Life as a human lawn dart . . . We all went through it :)

Very nice report, I am glad you had so much fun with the class. So did you get your rebreather, scooter, deep mix, sneak dive intro? I know Nick has been working very hard on polishing up that beginners dive. (Joke I know Nick & he pays me well) It sounds like you are hearing the voices loud and clear, enjoy the process in getting to know the caves.

Bobby

Bobby F:
Very nice report, I am glad you had so much fun with the class. So did you get your rebreather, scooter, deep mix, sneak dive intro? I know Nick has been working very hard on polishing up that beginners dive. (Joke I know Nick & he pays me well) It sounds like you are hearing the voices loud and clear, enjoy the process in getting to know the caves.

Bobby

I didn't get that intro dive! I guess I didn't feed Nick well enough!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom