My first open water dive 6/13/2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheVinstigator

Registered
Reaction score
Classroom course went good, then the open water dive. Went to the dive shop to pick up my rental equipment, they didn`t have my size wet suit(almost a requirement in NJ) They gave me a size xxxlarge I wear a large. Theydidnt have any weights to buy, so i had to rent them, 3 2# for my belt 2 5# bean sacks for my BCD and another 5# lead that the slots are too small to fit on my belt, so i had to put these in my bcd also. That shouldnt normally be a problem but the BCD they gave me as a rental had only one pocket on the right side so i was lopsided. I hope all dive shops dont operate this way. Not a great intro to the sport... Sorry its so long but I had to vent. Thanx Vinny

But I promise it gets better.

P.S. Find another dive shop......you'd be hard pressed to find one worse than the one you used.

Welcome to the Board!

TheVinstigator:
Classroom course went good, then dont operate this way. Not a great intro to the sport... Sorry its so long but I had to vent. Thanx Vinny

Dood, these guys you are diving are a bunch of cowboys, get in touch with another shop for the rentals. Don't buy weights, they will intergrate in your BC later...........

ShakaZulu:
Dood, these guys you are diving are a bunch of cowboys, get in touch with another shop for the rentals. Don't buy weights, they will intergrate in your BC later...........
I have already purchased, but have not yet recieved, my BCD, Regulator, octo, and computer from US DIVE in California. Iwould not purchase anything from this dive shop thet i have been schooling with. Thanx Vinny

Yes it gets better. There is lots of good diving in NJ; there is a section on the board called Wreck Valley. Good luck on your diving.

Welcome to the board!
And I felt bad because I had my student in really crappy vis yesterday. Find another shop!

Joe

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

don

:D

Back
Top Bottom