My First Photos with Canon A710 IS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sarita, very nice, I love the kelp shots... Remember get closer than you think you should...

sarita75:
The problems that I encountered were
(1) holding the camera sufficiently still
(2) understanding underwater composition (v. on land composition, which I find I am relatively good at)
(3) my fingers were getting really cold (54 degree water in Monterey, CA)
(4) managing buoyancy and taking photos (not kicking up debris, etc)
Nice pictures! I never dived in kelp, looks very interesting!
I just came back from one week diving in Bunaken, Indonesia, also first time with my Canon Powershot A710IS - and I faced the same problems like you did (except the cold fingers, the water in Bunaken was around 84 degrees).
On top of that, I noticed that my air consumption was higher than usual, I would guess that was because of me concentrating on the camera, buoyancy and all at the same time plus the exitement of trying something new underwater.
But it was great fun, even if I deleted the better part of the pictures afterwards (half of them were those where the fish had already swam off long before I pushed the button :rofl3:).

Hey Sarita, the pics are pretty good. I too used my Canon Ixus underwater this year for the first time. We've been interested on shooting octopus. ( with the cam of course ) which is a little easier as they are mostly on the bottom ( well luring them out is, anyway ) so it was easier to keep totally still. On wall or open dives I just breath hold momentarily, that helps. My canon is a bit older than yours and I dont have strobe. Well done Gal .... thay look great

Well done Gal .... thay look great
Thanks Neff! I appreciate it. I have posted my 2nd batch in my photos (but think that feature is down today). I had to do a bit more work on them with PS to get some of the scatter out. Looking forward to getting better and then getting a strobe. Trying to add gear in slowly so that I don't loose skills, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom